Who is keeping their Z3v or are you going to upgrade to the Z4v? What's your next move?
    08-25-2015 08:00 PM
    I think for me it depends on how much vzw will do for me. I will play the card of I only got this phone because I was promised the lollipop update within a couple months which would give me simultaneous voice and data and no such update has been delivered and I'm pissed! Not really but you get my point. Is Z4v still set to be released Sept 3rd??

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:07 PM
    Negative on the Z4v, but my next phone after the Z3v will either be the Moto X Pure Edition or Sony Z5, especially if the latter has a 4500 mAH battery. I have an UDP and will prolly stay with "Big Red" but they def. lost my business of buying a phone directly from them, due to their lack of support on the Z3v.
    08-25-2015 08:50 PM
    Verizon certainly did a great job misleading us, falsely advertising that the Z3v would be able to have simultaneous voice and data by the end if 2014 and Lollipop soon after the new year. It's documented. Instead we got a small update only 89 days after launch that didn't provide either. Verizon has removed all mention of Z3v from their website and removed all units from their stores. So basically they supported the phone for 89 days and that's it.

I have heard they would give Z3v owners a chance to trade in their phones and upgrade to the Z4v, but would still easily cost $300 or more to do so. I just spent $600 on the Z3v and they want me to spend $300 more now to have the features they told us we were going to have with the Z3v? Nice. And I'm in a real bad place because I have three of these now abandoned devices.

I have continuously contacted Verizon for months about this situation and it is falling on deaf ears.

Verizon seriously screwed us with a big fat "big red" lie.

I wish someone in the tech media would do some investigation and start giving people warnings about how Verizon has handled itself.
    08-25-2015 09:36 PM
    I don't know... I really like my z3v but the lack of support and peripherals is a real turn off.
    I may just go back to Apple.
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    08-26-2015 08:43 AM
    I don't know... I really like my z3v but the lack of support and peripherals is a real turn off.
    I may just go back to Apple.
    This is basically what I did....just said screw it and grabbed an iPhone. Z4 will be the same unsupported fringe phone as the z3v so I don't understand why any phone enthusiast would waste their money on it. I'm finally learned not to screw with Verizon and their one-off ******* phones. It's bad enough that they are molasses slow with updates to their mainstream units...buying any of their "back-of-the-store" products guarantees zero support. If you want any decent support for any phone, you gotta stick with either an iPhone, a Motorola, or Nexus phone.
    08-31-2015 07:49 PM
    This is basically what I did....just said screw it and grabbed an iPhone. Z4 will be the same unsupported fringe phone as the z3v so I don't understand why any phone enthusiast would waste their money on it. I'm finally learned not to screw with Verizon and their one-off ******* phones. It's bad enough that they are molasses slow with updates to their mainstream units...buying any of their "back-of-the-store" products guarantees zero support. If you want any decent support for any phone, you gotta stick with either an iPhone, a Motorola, or Nexus phone.
    I would suspect that the s6 would be better supported than Motorola or nexus phones in terms of accessories

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-31-2015 08:11 PM
    Is the lack of VoLTE a deal breaker? I'm using the MOTO X '13 with UDP and been eyeing this phone or Note 3 for awhile. What is more important for me is which phone can I WiFi tether without rooting?
    09-03-2015 06:03 AM
    I can't consider either of the new xperia phones an upgrade. Most important feature = usability on single charge has been significantly reduced. 810 processor is trash, I can't believe anyone still buys them. More pixels so people can wear phones on their face for vr, thanks I'll pass. Lower battery size, Wtf?

I won't even get into support or accessories which are the worst in the digital world.

I have free phone upgrades starting Sept 30th, but I'm in no rush at all. Z3v does everything except simultaneous voice/data. Moto blows, samsung sucks, lg is lacking in many fields and Sony is just stupid.

My dad has droid turbo, my wife has g4, my sister in law has 6s and I have z3v. All phones have faults but Sony has the least amount of them.
    DJ Sandman likes this.
    09-07-2015 07:41 PM
    Although I really liked the Sony z3v the lack of support VZW gives their flagship phones is not a good thing. The 24v has been "being released" for months. Finally gave up and went with Note 5 (very good device). I don't think I will ever go with a flagship device again.
    09-10-2015 09:13 AM
    No Z4v - Verizon cancels plans to carry the Sony Xperia Z4v | Android Central

Think we'll EVER get Lollipop for the Z3v? I don't.
    10-05-2015 04:39 PM
    This guy gets it and if you are profanity-sensitive... Earmuffs... But he is spot on!

10-08-2015 10:28 PM