For all those who still hang onto the Z3v, I come with great news!

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For those who have decided to stick with the Z3v, I commend your great patience! I have came from XDA to bring you much awaited treasure we've all been waiting in great anticipation.

First and foremost, LOLLIPOP! htt p://forum.xda-developers.co m/z3/xperia-z3v-android-development/ftf-xperia-z3v-official-lollipop-t3209596

Second, FM RADIO WHICH WORKS WITH BOTH KK AND LOLLIPOP! htt p://forum.xda-developers.c om/z3/xperia-z3v-android-development/apk-sonys-fm-tuner-radio-app-t3209615

And so far you can't inject root with kingroot on the Lollipop rom, but if someone is willing to take a crack at using the prerooting method iiinstruction I wrote in my root guide, have a crack at it. I can't get a start on it until I get home in 2 hours. htt p://forum.xda-developers.co m/z3/xperia-z3v-general/guide-sony-xperia-z3v-t3100402

Enjoy guys!
Ps- I've never posted on here before, so I have to break up the links. Just remove the space and get to it!

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it, but there's a problem with it. It's only activated by the hands of Verizon's own network. I can't get it to activate through my phone when it says to. :/

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I am over this lack of a system update from "Big Head Red" and I recently cracked the top front, which has caused a cumbersome experience to say the least.

Please help a UDP customer on his next phone purchase. The Nexus 6p, the upcoming Droid Maxx 2 or Turbo 2, Moto X Style, or the 2 older phones I considered when the Z3v came out... The Droid Turbo or Note 4?

I really wanted to like the Z3v but "B-H-R" reared their ugly head on the lack of support. Heck - I would even consider buying from the Sony Z5 line if it could be compatible on... you know who... lol.

Last edited:

frostyBhairs

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
hey guys im new here but had to get the word out. lastnight i called verizon and basically put my foot down for all of us neglected z3v owners. i told them we need something done. this phone hasnt has a software update since january, our apps update and are bugging out on us since they update for new software. they informed me that android software updates have to come from sony. so i chatted with sony online so i had written proof. sony informed me that they proved verizon with this phone and they customized it for their liking and network. they also provided verizon with the android 5.0 update for this phone. they informed me that it was on verizon to make it work for this variation. i called verizon back and provided the tech with all this info. after a few soft holds and and back n forth with the tech, they realized i wasnt getting the normal screw off answer of " we dont have anything showing in our system" that they normally give us when we call in. they tech then told me that they are going to have a tech meeting monday about rolling out a software update and i will call me back tuesday with more information on this. i say all owners of this z3v keep calling and do not take the screw off answer like i did. and keep pushing them. they cant neglect us any longer.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So would Verizon be at all accountable for a phone (for this discussion the z3v) if it got hacked using one of the many stage fright vulnerability's that exists if they have been sitting on an update and being negligent in the distribution?

Posted via Android Central App

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
As I posted in another thread, I don't care about the update (or lack thereof) anymore. I really wanted to like this phone, but I shouldn't have bought it.

Thanks to "Big Head Red" no more carrier phones for me and sorry Sony, but it takes 2 to tango and you're fired, too! The Z3v is a halfway decent phone and yet, both of you didn't market it or support it.

Last edited:

Shoji1199

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
hey guys im new here but had to get the word out. lastnight i called verizon and basically put my foot down for all of us neglected z3v owners. i told them we need something done. this phone hasnt has a software update since january, our apps update and are bugging out on us since they update for new software. they informed me that android software updates have to come from sony. so i chatted with sony online so i had written proof. sony informed me that they proved verizon with this phone and they customized it for their liking and network. they also provided verizon with the android 5.0 update for this phone. they informed me that it was on verizon to make it work for this variation. i called verizon back and provided the tech with all this info. after a few soft holds and and back n forth with the tech, they realized i wasnt getting the normal screw off answer of " we dont have anything showing in our system" that they normally give us when we call in. they tech then told me that they are going to have a tech meeting monday about rolling out a software update and i will call me back tuesday with more information on this. i say all owners of this z3v keep calling and do not take the screw off answer like i did. and keep pushing them. they cant neglect us any longer.

So was there ever even a meeting?

And since i was curious i read an article on 6.0. Apparently these are the sony phones getting that update. Shame. Was hoping for a surprise jump to marshmallow really.

Xperia Z5 Xperia Z5 Compact Xperia Z5 Premium Xperia Z4 Tablet Xperia Z3+ Xperia Z3 Xperia Z3 Compact Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact Xperia Z2 Xperia Z2 Tablet Xperia M5 Xperia C5 Ultra Xperia M4 Aqua Xperia C4

Posted via the Android Central App

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Funny that the Z3 has people on the beta of Marshmallow...as we Z3v people wait for a first lollipop release. Sad.

DJ Sandman

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
This will be my last transmission as I have moved on from the Z3v to the Nexus 6p. The difference is night and day, and the only thing I will miss is cast screening/MHL.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on the carrier update. I gave up on it last month and just remember... "Big Head Red" ditched the Z3v and Z4v. They simply don't care because Sony had the update available several months ago.

Last edited:

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still rocking my z3v with 128gb sd card and enjoying it's rugged ability
8fae95464aad52c259266d9663cab81f.jpg

Will probably keep it for another year because there is nothing out there to match it's full featured list.

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been tempted by the Nexus 6p myself, but for now I'm still keeping my Z3v. Despite it being abandoned, it is a great device and still quite stable.

Shoji1199

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking into the z5. Not being a verizon exclusive i imagine it being far better with updates. It sucks, to have spent this much on the phone and to be abandoned.

John Schneider4

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
This is my first and last Sony phone.
While it works well, I am disappointed by Sony and Verizons lack of support on this product. My next phone will be a unlocked non carrier specific phone. And it will not be a Sony. Until then. I will continue to use my z3v. It is stable. And it does everything I need it to do.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This is my first and last Sony phone.
While it works well, I am disappointed by Sony and Verizons lack of support on this product. My next phone will be a unlocked non carrier specific phone. And it will not be a Sony. Until then. I will continue to use my z3v. It is stable. And it does everything I need it to do.

My sentiments are similar but different. I would love another Sony phone but I may kick Verizon to the curb. Unlocked and non Carrier specific phones and Verizon are "usually" mutually exclusive.
I got the same love from Verizon on my Galaxy Nexus.
Joe

pchain

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the same love from Verizon on my Galaxy Nexus.

Same here. If I didn't require Verizon I would have dropped them already. I will never purchase a phone from Verizon again though. I'm glad my Z3v is still a stable OS and a solid performer though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc