For all those who still hang onto the Z3v, I come with great news!

GigaSPX

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is my first and last Sony phone.
While it works well, I am disappointed by Sony and Verizons lack of support on this product. My next phone will be a unlocked non carrier specific phone. And it will not be a Sony. Until then. I will continue to use my z3v. It is stable. And it does everything I need it to do.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is mostly to blame on Verizon. They have major issues in doing what's right for this phone and so far we do finally have Advanced Calling since a couple months ago, but no other best support.

For everyone else that's still visiting, I'm mostly on the XDA boards for the Z3v, and I will be sharing some very neat development stuff in the next few weeks. Some of which may include deodexed roms and the Z5 Camera mod which really makes a great difference in photo snapping.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Advanced Calling since a couple months ago

I saw this on their web site a few months ago too. I enabled it but there is no setting that I can see on the phone itself. How did you enable it on the phone?

Muraenidae

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been harassing Verizon with week about the lack of support specifically the advanced calling and OS update. My current contact is with "tier 2 technical support." Apparently they have record of an update that was supposed to be released in August. We tested my phone buy turning it on on their end. There is not an option on the handset to turn it on. After turning off my wifi we confirmed that it is not enabled yet. They did some more digging and found an email thread saying that that update was not stable and was not released on time. Their current guess is another month (take it with a grain of salt... Or a whole box!). I'm currently waiting on info about OS upgrades since Sony is going to do both the Z2 and Z3 and ours is somewhere between them. I'm pushing them to forgive the rest I owe on the phone since they promised advanced calling at the beginning of 2015 and we haven't had an OS update since January 2015. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to have issues with apps as they update to Marshmallow.

jfd3

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you mean like the Android Central App :)

Runs great on my N7, not so much on my Z3v

Wingwraith

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm pushing them to forgive the rest I owe on the phone since they promised advanced calling at the beginning of 2015 and we haven't had an OS update since January 2015.

Good luck with that. A few months ago I was bored on a Saturday and literally spent 5 hours on the phone with them harassing their entire staff.
I talked to at least 3 different departments, managers, conference called to a Sony rep... It didn't matter. They do not give a single **** about us.

randyjl

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm pushing them to forgive the rest I owe on the phone since they promised advanced calling at the beginning of 2015 and we haven't had an OS update since January 2015. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to have issues with apps as they update to Marshmallow.

Did they end up forgiving what you owed? I'm having random app crashes on occasion as well these days.

Muraenidae

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, I can't get anyone to ever call or email me back. I'm bailing on Verizon and unfortunately the Z3v (that I otherwise love). I pre-ordered the silver S7 edge on AT&T on Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non