"Phone" Category Battery Drain

BuckeyeNut25

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
As of the last few weeks my "phone" category under battery usage has been using a lot of battery. I don't typically make many calls during the day, if any at all. Yesterday I looked into a little further and the phone category said it has control of messaging storage so I thought maybe I needed to delete my texts. So I downloaded a backup app and backed up my texts then proceeded to delete them. After this, my phone went really funking and wouldn't receive texts until a few hours after my friends had sent them. So before bed I deleted the back up app and turned off my phone. Come today, my phone category drained my phone 15% in an hour of it being on. It is using as much battery as my screen now. Any suggestions?
Screenshot_2016-01-22-11-43-58.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-22-11-18-54.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-22-11-43-50.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you always been in that area? Mobile signal seems kinda low, and that might be helping the battery drain since the phone struggles more to get a decent signal.

You can also try to clear cache on the Phone app in your device (from the Application Manager). Did you install any apps recently that might control calls or radios? I'd also check if the drain is the same if you boot your phone into Safe Mode. If it doesn't, then it's an app. If it does, then there's something deeper going on.

BuckeyeNut25

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi Spookdroid, thank you for your reply. I am in the same place as I usually am during the day. I will try clearing cache and starting in safe mode and see what that does for me. Thank you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech