Well it''s about time!! [Sony Xperia Z3v getting Lollipop]

eventer79

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hmmmm. My KitKat 4.4 is stable & happy on my Z3v. And hasn't Android already moved on to Marshmallow? So...how will this be something that will provide any meaningful improvement to reading email & looking at pictures? It's not like I have any desire to watch a 6" movie, I have a TV for that. If I wanted to chase marketing, I'd just buy an iThingy...wait, no, I don't think anything could get me to do that, hahaha.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Installing now.

UPDATE - It's 2 downloads. First one preps for Lollipop and the second one is apparently is the 5.1 download that needs to be done via WIFI, which I <sadly> do not have at work.

Last edited:

Hemdroids

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Tried to install this update, and now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop. I can't get it to just shut off either, just keeps booting up and shutting off. Doesn't get past the initial black screen with SONY and XPERIA.

Since its constantly turning off and on I can't get it to connect to the PC Companion either.

Anyone else get this issue? :confused:

Edit: Ended up doing a factory reset. Not the best thing that could have happened, but seems to be working now.

Last edited:

steve115

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Just finished the update here and everything went smooth, only thing so far on mine is stock messaging app won't work

Posted via the Android Central App

adivineeternity

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Just finished the update here and everything went smooth, only thing so far on mine is stock messaging app won't work

Posted via the Android Central App

My boyfriend and I have the Z3v as well, did the updates, and can't text using any app, not just the stock. He's on the phone now trying to get through to their tech support.

Jacobp1991

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
My boyfriend and I have the Z3v as well, did the updates, and can't text using any app, not just the stock. He's on the phone now trying to get through to their tech support.

Be forewarned prior to installing, I'm having the same issue.

Same issue confirmed on my xperia z3v. No downloaded message apps work, and the default one isn't displaying notifications properly. This problem persists after extensive tinkering with the notification settings as well.

Spoke to a Verizon tech rep. They suggested a factory reset. I'll try it tomorrow.

Happen to reach a solution to your issue?

jaytor

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
verizon tech told me that its a compatibility issue with xperia z3v and we all have to reset until google fixes the problem. texting does not work at all.

Fechin

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I took it to VZ they told me to message using the messenger plus app. But it would send but I couldn't see or open new messages (the app was unusable)

I've tried LOTS of apps. The only way I can get SMS to work is using SMS/Google Hangouts. I hope they fix it...

jaytor

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
factory reset works, talked to tech support again. theyve figured out a fix since so many people have been contacting them about this. Lollipop is still there after factory reset beacuse OS updates cannot be undone. It got rid of the "bugs". messaging works now

jaytor

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
unfortunately its like starting over unless you backed everything up, but you have a fresh "new" phone with a clean lollipop install

jaytor

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
factory reset. lollipop will still be on your phone. it works. the fix wont be available for a while because Google has to make one, and it takes time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463