Sony Xperia Z5 - Are you going to buy?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this forum is dead (where is everyone?). There's a frenzy of activity on Motorola and Nexus sections. Sony? Nothing. And we're only 10 days from the official release!

People really just don't care about Sony do they? Shame. I'm super hyped for Z5 Compact. Sad to see that so few share my enthusiasm.

Last edited:

chris377

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Its not lack of enthusiasm, its lack of problems, I have a z3 compact and I love it, no reason to change it. When I change it its surely gonna be another sony phone

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Wow, this forum is dead (where is everyone?). There's a frenzy of activity on Motorola and Nexus sections. Sony? Nothing. And we're only 10 days from the official release!

People really just don't care about Sony do they? Shame. I'm super hyped for Z5 Compact. Sad to see that so few share my enthusiasm.

Yeh, it is very dead around here. Very excited for the Z5 range to be released, considering selling my S6.

dreaming of electric sheep

benj0219

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Just got myself a z3c instead of a iPhone. Saw the z5c in the shop today and would definitely consider to trade up. Just a notch nicer all together.

Sendt fra min D5803 med Tapatalk

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Was set on the Z5 but after Google released the 6p, I'm officially confused.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Was set on the Z5 but after Google released the 6p, I'm officially confused.

I love small phones but I also love pure google and best bang for my buck... So I am in the same boat as you. A z3c will cost me around $550 as I am in the USA and would have to import it. I wish they sold them here but Sony is known to release it months later in the US. Where the 6p is available soon but it's huge and the 5x isn't much smaller and not worth it to me.. I just want my Z5c but don't want to pay more than I need to and would like a warranty with it..

Also someone went and put their z5c in a tub of coca cola for 2 minutes wiped it off and plugged it in immediately everything worked perfectly.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I know quite a few people in the USA that would like this phone, unfortunately Sony seems content to limit their sales opportunities.

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Z3C since launch...and I don't think I'll be buying another Sony phone.

The Z3C is an amazing phone, don't get me wrong, but it utterly fails in the one area that I value the most: camera.

And the Z5C doesn't really improve it. Sony may have changed the sensor but it still lacks OIS, it still lacks full manual controls (worse, not only it doesn't have it, Sony removed support for Google's Lollipop camera API's in 5.1.1 so you can't even use another camera app) and Sony's algorithms are still a mess.

I can deal with the lack of Qi charging and with the pain of having to plug in cables. I can even deal with Lollipop's horrible design choices (specially now that Sony has opened up Theme Creator to fix the horrible white backgrounds). But I can't deal with bad cameras that can't even get a fix from a third party.