5803 vs 5823?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Was reading through the white paper for the Z5 Compact and wondered if anyone knew what the practical differences between the two model#'s listed are? They appear to carry the same frequency bands but the E5803 indicates it has a LTE CAT 4 spec of 50 Mbps upload and 150 Mbps download while the E5823 indicates LTE CAT 6 spec of 50 Mbps upload and 300 Mbps download. The difference in download speeds is obvious, but why do the two models exist? Are there compatibility issues with certain carriers/countries?

Also, it does list LTE Band 12 compatibility. My assumption is this will work on T-Mobile's band 12 LTE band, and that it will not be able to do VoLTE over the band 12. Is this correct? I have the T-Mobile Z3 now, but am considering a smaller phone but wanted the Band 12 capability as they are or have deployed band 12 near my work where connections are spotty. I have yet to see band 12 indicated at work using the LTE Discovery app, but can't hurt to have it.

White paper is here for anyone interested:

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_Z5_Compact_E5803_E5823_WP_2.pdf

Ultimately, I'm going to wait to see what the pricing will be out here in the US, but I would like to understand the above two issues as part of my decision. On a side note, I'm bummed the Sony Store is gone. My Sony Store Card is now useless...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge