Is the fingerprint sensor really worth it?

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Trying to decide whether to get the international version or the US version. Of course, the US version is much easier to find here and tends to be cheaper.

What are some of the pros and cons of the fingerprint sensor? What do you use it the most for?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm an oddball that doesn't even use the sensor. Pros are that it makes it much faster to use Android Pay, and also you can get into your phone much easier. At least that's what I know of. Cons are that finger sensors aren't as secure as originally thought to be.

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I actually just found out that you can flash the UK software and activate the fingerprint sensor on the US version so it's actually a non issue now! Now to try and convince a local seller who is selling on Ebay to sell the phone to me instead of on Feebay lol.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I actually just found out that you can flash the UK software and activate the fingerprint sensor on the US version so it's actually a non issue now! Now to try and convince a local seller who is selling on Ebay to sell the phone to me instead of on Feebay lol.
Nice! There's one for sale on Swappa by the way, but only in black.

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! I'm watching a few on Ebay and hoping I can get one for $250-$275. It's killing me that the local seller won't take $250 for his. It's at $220 on Ebay, but I was trying to explain to him that after fees and such, it would have to go for $290 online and it only has a day left.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I'm watching a few on Ebay and hoping I can get one for $250-$275. It's killing me that the local seller won't take $250 for his. It's at $220 on Ebay, but I was trying to explain to him that after fees and such, it would have to go for $290 online and it only has a day left.
What did you end up doing?

Sent from mTalk

tori729

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Local seller ignored my emails calculating to the penny how much he (she?) would save by selling local. Phone sold for $275. I was going to put in a snipe for it but it was after church and I totally forgot. So I grabbed up a BIN for $300 plus shipping - 6 months old, personal seller, yellow with a nice rainbow cover and screen protector already installed. Oh, and international already. Ha! I pretty much gave up on trying to wait for the best deal to come along. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance