How's the camera?

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I too had some doubts about this.

I have comes from the G4 and i had some real doubts when I attended the press event before the phone was released. I wasn't too impressed and then when I saw the dxomark review, I was stunned. I found that the units at the event, wouldn't even focus on a close up item and the pics appeared grainy

I will test it more over the coming weeks and let you know

StevoPhilo

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
From what I have heard, It does not have as good of a low light camera, but it does do rather well in daylight. I have not had a hands on with it cause it is kind of hard to find.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
From what I have heard, It does not have as good of a low light camera, but it does do rather well in daylight. I have not had a hands on with it cause it is kind of hard to find.
It has to use a high iso to take low light images, and it also lacks image stabilisation, but then so do some of the best lenses I own. On the positive side it has an f/2.0, 6 element lens [f/2.0 is a decent aperture, and should let in a fair amount of light, but it's pretty standard these days]. Most pro level zoom lenses are f/2.8, but this isn't a Zoom as it's a fixed focal length so it would be classed as a prime. A decent prime would be around f/1.4 - 1.2... The zoom is done digitally, not by manipulating the lens element's. I've really just scraped the surface of the camera, but in the right conditions it can take stunning images. In full manual mode it's definitely up there with the best mobile cameras I've used, but it also surfer's from the same mettering problems as other mobile camera's. It's not that great with at dealing with background lighting conditions, and the lack of any clipping alerts in the camera interface is, I think, a big oversight on Sony's part. If you want your gear to be used you need to provided the right tools, but like I said, I'm still just getting started on the camera :)
ef8dbb25d3f93d30ff05b961dd7ffa58.jpg

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about trading my S6 Edge plus for the premium, just not sure if the camera will live up to the s6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay Gamblore

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the 16mp is great. I love how every one of my pics on the z5 just seems to come out great with my kids.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC