Z5 Premium Very Quick Review after 1 week

jklondon

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Had it for a week, previously LG G2 (awesome phone).

- Took me a while to get use to size but now its fine.
- Fingerprint on power button awesome idea, plus fact you can register 5 prints because I pick up the phone in different ways.
- Double tap to wake - thanks goodness as I loved this on the G2.
- Screen - amazing of course.
- Battery - Get 1 day with normal use as I did with my G2, so, 2 days really is bit a marketing stretch. Looking for ways to optimise this so if anyone has tips/tricks please share.
- Went for pure black.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed you mentioned it took getting use to as far as size. Would you prefer larger? I really am trying to get use to it also, as I came from a z ultra 6.4 inch... Wasn't the lgg2 5.5?

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree getting used to the f.print scanner was a learning curve. I was pressing the button and keeping it pressed in which was resulting in a number of failed attempts. I now press, release but rest finger on and it works nearly all the time.

I find the speaker really low but i was coming from a HTC and so thats to be expected.

I too agree with the battery life only really being a full day....maybe a 36 hours tops.

Runell A

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an HTC M8 & M9 as well, I too am finding the speakers quiet on the Z5P.

The size wasn't so bad (I was using a bb passport on the side) so I guess that prepared me for the size.

I get about 1.5 days. Not a power user, but a couple of videos, a lot of web browsing, messaging constantly, is what my typical day looks like.

I'm really liking the phone... My only gripe is I wish the premium came in matte.

Posted via the Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Had it for a week, previously LG G2 (awesome phone).

- Took me a while to get use to size but now its fine.
- Fingerprint on power button awesome idea, plus fact you can register 5 prints because I pick up the phone in different ways.
- Double tap to wake - thanks goodness as I loved this on the G2.
- Screen - amazing of course.
- Battery - Get 1 day with normal use as I did with my G2, so, 2 days really is bit a marketing stretch. Looking for ways to optimise this so if anyone has tips/tricks please share.
- Went for pure black.

If you had it to do over would you still get the pure black or another color? I am about to purchase one this week but I am stuck between all three colors, I like black but that is so standard , the chrome looks really good but man that mirror look with finger prints seems like it will look a mess all of the time, and gold looks good as well just wondering if it is as shiny as the chrome hell I can't decide looking for advice as I could potentially go with any of the three.

Stephen Borg

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I am going for a black one later this week as well and coming from the s6 edge plus I was called crazy from some of my friends but I am a Sony fan and I think its the sexiest device out there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I went with gold since it's a color I have never had. Not liking it as much as I thought. Would go with black if I was doing it over - even with the fingerprint issue

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It has been great. Much much better than my Note 4 Edge. I read emails in the morning and surf the Web with chrome and my charge lasts all day. Even if I play some games.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Today I got the notice that marshmallow was available. I put it off till I was home. Phone feels quicker. Not sure what other features are new

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey