headphone jack

TIM Hughes1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else's headphone jack stopped working? I believe it's software related as using soundabout to force music through the jack works. Really frustrating problem given the phone is 8 weeks old. I've tried the usual things and even a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
When you did a factory reset did you test the headphone jack before or after the system reinstalled all your apps? I probably know the answer to that one, but it's perhaps worth considering. If you reinstalled all the apps that you already have it could be that one of them is messing up the audio..

If you can't solve it, and it's only 8 weeks old, I'd get in touch with Sony or whoever you bought the handset from...

All the best

Barry

TIM Hughes1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Barry I did factory reset but as soon as I logged into my Gmail account apps were auto downloaded. Perhaps I should try again without signing in!

Posted via the Android Central App

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Your apps are all backed up to your Google account, which is controlled by the Gmail address you use to log in with. I'm not sure if the device will let you continue without a Google account, I suppose if it won't you could just try creating a new one...

A factory reset is a big thing, but it would be the most effective way to rule out a rogue app.

You might want to consider going through individual apps that have any kind of control over the audio..

Uninstall them one by one and reboot the phone to make sure that any services the app might have started won't be running [I recently uninstalled a taker module only to find that the service it spawned was still running].

Good luck, and let me know if you get it sorted out!

Barry

Last edited:

TheJah

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I used to have a problem with sound, but I figured that it was the cord not the phone.
Try other headphone cords.
I had bought one not to long ago and it didn't work period. My phone notified me saying to pick up a different pair of headphones(basically)

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
No, there is a bug in the whole Z5 range of phone's to do with audio. I'll try to find the link again! I came across a notification from some guy doing a degree in computer science who's investigating it for XDA who's looking for bug reports. I also now think the battery drain has nothing to do with the chipset, or the screen! I think there's a failure in one of the service's. My battery dropped by 50% last night with no radio services enabled, SOT, or active apps. Google and a few other things are however in the sleep white list for the power management in order to alow my smartwatch 3 to work, which kind of makes me think that it could easily be one of them, and given that the Sony smartwatch 3 is having sudden unexpected battery drains [and Google is the one common denominator] it could be a problem with the latest Google Now app!

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
No, there is a bug in the whole Z5 range of phone's to do with audio. I'll try to find the link again! I came across a notification from some guy doing a degree in computer science who's investigating it for XDA who's looking for bug reports. I also now think the battery drain has nothing to do with the chipset, or the screen! I think there's a failure in one of the service's. My battery dropped by 50% last night with no radio services enabled, SOT, or active apps. Google and a few other things are however in the sleep white list for the power management in order to alow my smartwatch 3 to work, which kind of makes me think that it could easily be one of them, and given that the Sony smartwatch 3 is having sudden unexpected battery drains [and Google is the one common denominator] it could be a problem with the latest Google Now app!
Mine just did... yesterday I sent my Z5 premium for repair... seemed like the screen was out of the frame 1/2 mm. I took my Z5 premium for snowboarding trip this winter for 4-5 times and had few big falls maybe the shock dislodged the screen and audio jack?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo