Image viewer/Slideshow app for 4K stills?

techeverlasting

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I’m a 3D photographer who has purchased a Z5 Premium to view my image pairs in a Cyclopital ViewVaster viewer. I read a number of reviews on-line which mocked the Z-5’s 4K screen as being “overkill” or “making no visible difference”, but when viewing stereoscopic pairs under magnification the Z-5 Premium screen looks amazing and is worth every penny.

The “Album” app Sony includes to view stills is not well designed for what I want to do. The worst thing about it is that in slideshow mode it does a lame “Ken Burns” pan-and-zoom when changing images that ruins the 3D viewing experience. Album sllideshows also don’t seem to display images in full res. When viewing images individually it takes the Z5 about two seconds to go from a low-res preview to the full resolution.

Does anyone know of a image viewing or slide show app that is designed for viewing 4K stills? I tried QuickPic which has a nice slideshow presentation, however I haven’t been able to get it to display images at higher than HD resolution.