Sony Xperia Z5 - Are you going to buy?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had the z3c since it was released and its been great. Never a single issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rocio190889

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Z3 and I absolutely love it. It's never had any lag. I love the almost stock Android and battery life is AMAZING

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Everything looked great. OK, it's a 323 PPI display and only has 2GB RAM, but I could look past that for the size of the thing.

And then I saw the price. £549 (that's currently $837.12 USD). Wow. Ouch :(

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
No way it costs that much in USA. $599 max. And yes the size and battery life are both awesome. Nothing else really like it on the market.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
No way it costs that much in USA. $599 max. And yes the size and battery life are both awesome. Nothing else really like it on the market.

I found a reliable 3rd party retailer that is much, much cheaper. £439 ($669 USD) for Z5 Compact.

I'm tempted now! Very tempted!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I've placed a pre-order with Carphone Warehouse. Due to be delivered on the 29th September. Went for the coral colour option because I'm bored of completely black phones, I want some colour :)

auditman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Been using the red z3c. Love using this phone. Would upgrade to z5c when the price settled maybe sometime next year.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm already impressed by the Moto X Play's camera so I can't wait to see what Sony has cooked up. It's going to be awesome :D

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got the Z3C and I think I’ll probably upgrade, but I think you can easily defend not upgrading as well.

For me it really comes down to the following:

a) how much better is the camera and will the Z3C camera be seeing any trickle down improvements (this is a weak spot for the Z3C compared to the competition)

b) are the Snapdragon 810 heat issues solved (sounds like they are)

c) how well the fingerprint reader works (sounds like it works extremely well)

d) hopefully more solid/sturdy build due to fewer flaps (my Z3C screens have had a reoccurring problem popping when pressed)

I really like the bump to supporting 200gb microSD card (which I presume the Z3C is not getting through a firmware update?), exposed waterproof USB port, and a bigger battery is always a bonus.

Downsides are that the Z5 is thicker and it loses wireless magnetic charging, which I use and wished they would have kept since they didn’t at Qi charging.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Thicker? Yeah, a whole 0.3mm thicker. C'mon, you really gonna notice that in hand? Everyone's losing their minds about how much thicker it is. It's 0.3mm thicker. 0.3mm not cm. Millimetres. Fraction of a millimetre. 300 micrometres.

It's because of complaints like these that phone makers put smaller and smaller batteries into phones these days! Don't y'all like having bigger batteries?

Last edited:

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I’ve got the Z3C and I think I’ll probably upgrade, but I think you can easily defend not upgrading as well.

For me it really comes down to the following:

a) how much better is the camera and will the Z3C camera be seeing any trickle down improvements (this is a weak spot for the Z3C compared to the competition)

b) are the Snapdragon 810 heat issues solved (sounds like they are)

c) how well the fingerprint reader works (sounds like it works extremely well)

d) hopefully more solid/sturdy build due to fewer flaps (my Z3C screens have had a reoccurring problem popping when pressed)

I really like the bump to supporting 200gb microSD card (which I presume the Z3C is not getting through a firmware update?), exposed waterproof USB port, and a bigger battery is always a bonus.

Downsides are that the Z5 is thicker and it loses wireless magnetic charging, which I use and wished they would have kept since they didn’t at Qi charging.

You don't need the magnetic charger. It has a proper, uncovered USB port.

MaLik Hadi

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
one of my friend works in sony store.....so i have it in hand....they recived the display units but not displayed...yet....but mai friend gave me one for about 30 mins.....it is good....camera is good than before....but it is really thick....overall its a good smart phone...and btw its screen is really good...and battery life is perfect..

MaLik Hadi

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
That's a bit of difference Note 5 v Z5C lol.

The Z5C looks great though with some nice specs.

i am a student n here in my country there are no contract phones....soo i have to buy it at full price....note 5 around 720$ without warranty...and with warrenty 850$....so if i buy one n its breaks....i have to pay for service...but i cant afford...where the z5c is cheaper it is around 550$ i can save few bucks....in terms of specs....screen,ram n spen is not my first opinion.....i needs a phone which do everything good....overall z5c is really compact and there is less chance to drop it than the note 5