Xperia z5 camera issue. red purple tint low light.

Ricky844

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Got my Xperia z5 2 days now and today while turning on the front camera during low light noticed a red purpulish tint around the edges and corners.

See the youtube posted video I took to demonstrate: youtu.be/WdMcWZI_sCU

This only happens with the front camera.

Anyone else faces similar issues?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Do those discolorations also appear in any photos taken in those conditions? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see. In that case, it may be a defective sensor. I hope your replacement works much better!

Amy Macdonald

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem when using the flash, it turned out that it was because of my phone cover! The hole in the back cover for the lens and flash was too small so the flash couldn't function properly so had a hue around all my photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Good point--that can be a cause of discolored pictures when using a flash, but in the OP's case, it was the front-facing camera that was the problem (which doesn't have a flash).

Fusionn

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I just checked this got my Z5 this friday and have the same thing with the selfie cam if its a bit dark i got all the purple tint and other stuff but if its a bit bright its gone. Should i also go for a replacement or something?