How do I access my Xperia Z5 when I'm Locked out?

A

AC Question

Basically.. i've been a ***** *****! (as always) i have the xperia z5 and it has a thumb lock setting, where i can unlock my phone with my fingerprint, but you have to set a password along with it i'm guessing incase your fingerprint doesn't register or whatever so you can still get into the phone... so i set this password like 4/5 month ago when i got it.. but never had to use it because the fingerprint has always picked up, i updated my android last week to the new one marshmallow or whatever, and now it's randomly appeared with a password prompt, wont let me in with my fingerprint and i can't remember my password. i've tried EVERYTHING i can possibly think of and nothing works. so.. i took to the good old internet which claims that after so many password attempts you should get prompted with ' forgotten password?' not in my case! i've tried 110 times (i only know cause it tells me) and it hasn't shown up, so i've been in to carphone warehouse to speak to geek squad as to my next move, he said you're gonna have to factory reset it, so i was like that's fine i can back up all my pictures and sh*t on my laptop when i get home and everything will be dandy. OF COOOOURSE that's not what happened 'my sony companion' or whatever the hell it's called that pops up when you connect usb says it can't do **** all because my screen is locked. it won't actually let me connect my phone. so i took to google AGAIN. some Xperia tech help guy on a random thread said to try using MyXperia to reset the password, i don't have MyXperia connected on my phone apparently, which needs to be done manually on the phone before i can access it on my laptop... Do you see my problem? hahaha, so then he also said try gmail's android device manager, so that's gone through found my phone etc etc, so it says lock. i click lock 'set new password' so that's what i did thinking i was resetting my password, only to find that the password i just entered is completely obsolete because i can't swipe off the screen to input said password!!! it's just a locked screen (i'm guessing it's the kinda thing you do when you lose your phone so no one gets in...) so what the f*ck was the point of the password if it wont let me use it!?!?!? then it actually let me go back to my original lock screen and enter a password, so i tried the one i put in on device manager thinking YES I'VE CRACKED IT! have i ****! it still says incorrect password!!!!!!!! So now i'm stuck. i don't know what to do, i don't really wanna reset my phone if i can't back up my pictures, but in worst case scenario i'll just have to do it!

Also sorry for the swearing, i'm quite miffed!!

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It probably won't help, but since you're presumably able to boot into Recovery, have you tried a Cache Partition wipe? It may correct any glitch caused by the upgrade. Worth a try, perhaps.

Posted via the Android Central App

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

It probably won't help, but since you're presumably able to boot into Recovery, have you tried a Cache Partition wipe? It may correct any glitch caused by the upgrade. Worth a try, perhaps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Unless this works I think you will have no choice but a factory reset. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo