First time Android user, have suggestions (please fix).

Mattias Stein

May 14, 2017
Visit site
This is my first time experience using Android OS. So I got a few rematks and hope theres solutions to them.

On iphone using the calculator as soon as you hit a # it appears. With my z5 compact android 601 it has a noticible lag. For me using yhe calculator quickly this lag is hell annoying!!! All other calc-apps downloaded are this way. So it must be the OS?

Each time I want to access bluetooth/wifi/mobile/ledlight from pulldown menu on top. I get notifications first. Then the reverse swipes are needrd if I want it gone. Make menu by longpressing wifi icin on top. Voila no more big swipe menus.

If battery is low its upper right corner has a red led blinking. For F sake I don't need to be reminded like that it gives me migraines. If battery bleeds out let it. I check it myself like on iphone.

That buzz notifiier. Anytime I want to rearange my homescreen I have to press an icon a longtime then get buzzed. Im not a dog needing pavlov training. Can I turn it off somehow please?

Selecting text. You have to press-hold a lon ttime to get the copypastcut menu. Then you must select a submenu (.. Dots) then go back to select another option. Screen is big enough make all options directly accesible. Small iphone 4 has no proble this. Why does bigger sony have issues? Also press-hold needs to be shorter to get any menu on this phone it needs to be quicker. Its a multicore beefed gadget. Give uaer th efeeling they soent money well.

Got more issues but will add tthem later.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you're pretty set in your ways, changing to a different platform will always involve the need to be at least a little flexible. Hopefully if you give yourself a little time you'll slowly learn to adjust to the change. Otherwise, if every time you use your phone it's pissing you off, for your own peace of mind switch back. It's not worth the trouble if there's nothing appealing about learning the ins and outs of a different environment.
Strongly suggest you sit down and take the time to just go through each option in the Settings of your Sony, a lot things like enabling/disabling LED indicators and vibration are accessible there, plus there are countless apps and utilities in the Play Store that allow you to customize your phone.

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact - Full phone specifications

Mattias Stein

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for replying. How do you suppoose I could fix the calculator input lag. Or did you mean that is fixed. If so I really wonder what is wrong with the developers. Who in their right mind likes typelag.

Could it be this typelag is only on z5 comoact. A ways from Sony to pester a "cheaper" (400euro) model phone. Or is this really by Android design?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781