Hi everyone

I message you today beacause I've tried (nearly ^^) everything I could to unlock my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact's Bootloader, without any success!...

ADB actually find my Xperia, I run:

adb reboot bootloader

and my Xperia goes right into Fastboot mod (blue led), confirmed by:

fastboot devices

but when I run:

fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x"my Sony unlock code"

the comand line answer back "fastboot.exe: unknown option -- i"...

I dug the web to find a similar case, without any success... did I miss something?

If someone has encountered this problem before, he'll be welcome to share is knowledges
    06-26-2018 10:13 AM
    You said you're running fastboot.exe -i but the error is unknown option -- i. Do you see the difference? You're running fastboot.exe --i - two dashes.

Bye the way, fastboot is enough, you don't have to specify fastboot.exe in a command prompt. if there's a fastboot.exe and no fastboot.com, fastboot.exe will run.

And have you read https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...ck-bootloader/? You have to unlock it in debug first.
    06-26-2018 12:50 PM
    Hi Rukbat and thanks for answering,

As you could see in the screenshot, I've tried all options for the dash...
    Xperia Z5 Compact: unable to unlock Bootloader (fastboot.exe: unknown option --i)-capture.jpg
    Ok, thanks for the advice.

Yes, I've followed this guide, without any success. And obviously, my Xperia is in debug mode.
    06-26-2018 04:49 PM
    Hey, I got the same problem right now with my xz1 compact and this was the only thread I could find about it...if you find a solution please let me know
    06-26-2018 08:09 PM
    Hey, I got the same problem right now with my xz1 compact and this was the only thread I could find about it...if you find a solution please let me know
    Same issue with Xperia XZ1 Compact here. Are you also using Windows 10 1803 ?
    06-27-2018 11:00 AM
    yes, still haven't found anything till.
    06-27-2018 11:19 AM
    It must be related to the platform-tools v 28.0.0. Trying the same with ubuntu gives exactly the same error message.
    06-27-2018 12:14 PM
    got it
    #1 start the phone in normal mode 'allow unlocking' must be set in the debug settings page
    #2 platform-tools v 28.0.0 does not work with the provided command from the official manual. download https://dl.google.com/android/reposi....2-windows.zip instead
    #3 Windows should recognize the device as 'Android Bootloader Interface'

PS C:\Users\LARS-DESKTOP\Downloads\platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows\platform-tools> ./fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x<unlock code>
    OKAY [ 0.460s]
    finished. total time: 0.462s
    06-27-2018 12:53 PM
    got it
    #1 start the phone in normal mode 'allow unlocking' must be set in the debug settings page
    #2 platform-tools v 28.0.0 does not work with the provided command from the official manual. download https://dl.google.com/android/reposi....2-windows.zip instead

PS C:\Users\LARS-DESKTOP\Downloads\platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows\platform-tools> ./fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x<unlock code>
    OKAY [ 0.460s]
    GREAT.... fastboot R26 works fine for me! Thank you!!
    08-06-2018 08:11 PM
    Just been struggling with this myself.

Simple option with R28 where there does not seem to be an -i option is to do fastboot devices which gives the USB device ID

Then use command: fastboot -s USB_device_id oem unlock 0xUnlockCodeHere
    10-09-2018 11:33 AM
    got it

OKAY [ 0.460s]
    I was really glad to find a guide to finally solve this problem and it appeared it was going to work with my Z2 but when I ran the code it sent me this reply "... FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 5.006s"...
    I really don´t know what else to try, do anyone have any ideas please?
    11-06-2018 10:17 AM