Poll: If you are considering a Z5 model, which one?

Which new Z5 model are you interested in?

• Total voters

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Is this considered very expensive (more so than other flagships) in the states? Because $700 for a 4k display would be a steal in Canada with the state of the dollar right now. The IPhone 6 starts at $839 and the 6 plus at $969. Then add all the taxes and you're looking at a huge investment.

The premium CAN have the premium price tag. I don't mind. But compare the regular Z5 with let's say, the Moto X, both offer similar specifications but a different price tag.

Flagship phones needs to have a flagship price tag, I agree. But Sony isn't doing well with their smartphones and I just want this issue to get resolved as I am probably the biggest Sony fan ever!

I see competitors stepping up their game and lowering the price tag for a reason. Their have been SO many good phones coming out recently and Manufactures have realized they're not going to survive unless they do something unique. Be it with their product or marketing.

Sony recently slashed their prices a bit. And that's a very good step. They listened to me I guess :p

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm assuming that since you do what you say you likely use your own custom settings in manual mode so I'll take your word for it. I never could take the time to learn advanced photo techniques so manual mode was out for me no matter how many photography buffs praised it. The problem here is that the new camera in the S6 and several other phones totally outclassed Xperia Z1-Z3 phones in doing what the rest of us average Joes do: point and shoot in Auto or prefab scene settings. And I think this is exactly why they finally got off their collective butts and put a new shooter in the Z5

You're right. I used the manual mode when I had the Z3 and the Z2. But I must mention that this is the only thing I did. I never hindered in the settings and controlled the ISO or white balance. No I never did that. I only used manual mode to put in 20.7mp mode. I considered the manual mode as an auto mode for myself.

But yes. An average Joe would prefer the pictures that come out of other phones. They look better to the naked eye. But somebody who wants good quality; perfect amount of post processing, extreme detailed photos and quick focus capture then Sony would make them happier.

Let's see how the Z5 does.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You're right. I used the manual mode when I had the Z3 and the Z2. But I must mention that this is the only thing I did. I never hindered in the settings and controlled the ISO or white balance. No I never did that. I only used manual mode to put in 20.7mp mode. I considered the manual mode as an auto mode for myself.

But yes. An average Joe would prefer the pictures that come out of other phones. They look better to the naked eye. But somebody who wants good quality; perfect amount of post processing, extreme detailed photos and quick focus capture then Sony would make them happier.

Let's see how the Z5 does.

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense. The z3 camera is garbage no matter how you process it. No amount of Photoshop CS or Lightroom can fix the chroma noise and lack of dynamic range that it outputs. Sure, they may look fine on Instagram, but no serious photographer is going to use that as a measuring stick.

The jury is still out on the Z5. Early shots look much batter than the Z3, but still behind Samsung and LG's recent offerings. We'll have to wait and see more side by side test to know for sure, though.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
US prices were revealed.
And yes I'm sorry the premium version costs less than $700. $675 to be exact. The rest were stated correctly.

Still doesn't justify the high price mark I'm sorry.

The Nexus 5X(?) will be going for ~£449 for the 32GB model (as per rumours) and contains similar specifications as the Z5 Compact. So Sony's pricing for the Z5 Compact (£429) isn't out of this world in my opinion. Hence why I've preordered one.

frozen17

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Each version has it's own section in this forum, so I guess the compact fans are posting in their own section. I'm interested in the regular Z5.

Posted via Android Central App

Haider Shafaq

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Z5 premium is surely going to replace my old Z1...
Sony never had added new innovation in the Z series as Z1,Z2 and Z3 are all the same ...nothing new?
But now many new innovations are packed in the Z5 Premium

Opinion of a Geek

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Nothing new?

Z1 had a TN panel. Z2 had a IPS panel. That's pretty big jump in quality of the display. Z3 introduced front facing stereo speakers. That's pretty significant too.

The Z5 series is another nice improvement though.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new?

Z1 had a TN panel. Z2 had a IPS panel. That's pretty big jump in quality of the display. Z3 introduced front facing stereo speakers. That's pretty significant too.

The Z5 series is another nice improvement though.

Z2 has front facing speakers as well. Z3s screen was much brighter but not much else changed

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for reviews of the premium to make sure there's no bugs with the 4k display. Sony said it won't run unless you're viewing 4k content so there's no battery impact. I want to make sure that works as advertised

benj0219

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Compact ordered. Should receive it in a few day. For the same price I could get a almost new s6 edge but liked the smaller size and nettet battery. Just hope that the camera will not disapoint.

Sendt fra min D5803 med Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Compact ordered. Should receive it in a few day. For the same price I could get a almost new s6 edge but liked the smaller size and nettet battery. Just hope that the camera will not disapoint.

Where did you order from, out of curiosity? And which colour? I'm debating whether to switch to Yellow direct from Sony from my current preorder of Coral from Carphone Warehouse. I like both colours to be honest.

benj0219

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Where did you order from, out of curiosity? And which colour? I'm debating whether to switch to Yellow direct from Sony from my current preorder of Coral from Carphone Warehouse. I like both colours to be honest.

From a Danish phone company. Ordered black. Not really tempted of the other colours. The yellow looks nice, but in the end I prefer classic black.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
From a Danish phone company. Ordered black. Not really tempted of the other colours. The yellow looks nice, but in the end I prefer classic black.

All my smartphones thus far have been black so I'm looking to change things up this time around just for the novelty of a different colour :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01