Failed to update my Sony Xperia ZL ota

jeff zen

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. Im sorry if there were post b4 this on the same title...

Here my question...
Just purchased a 2nd hand unit Xperia ZL C6502.. Set in tip top condition n function. After 24hrs using it and install AVG anti virus, this apps suddenly detect that my device already rooted n advice me to go back to original set up.. No wonder i'm failed to update my ZL with latest 4.3 OTA...
Full Unroot via SuperSU n check the bootloader still locked..
Try again update via OTA but still failed to install.. Not yet try update via Sony PC Companion.
Question here, why im having difficulties to update my ZL via OTA?

Thank you...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.. Im sorry if there were post b4 this on the same title...

Here my question...
Just purchased a 2nd hand unit Xperia ZL C6502.. Set in tip top condition n function. After 24hrs using it and install AVG anti virus, this apps suddenly detect that my device already rooted n advice me to go back to original set up.. No wonder i'm failed to update my ZL with latest 4.3 OTA...
Full Unroot via SuperSU n check the bootloader still locked..
Try again update via OTA but still failed to install.. Not yet try update via Sony PC Companion.
Question here, why im having difficulties to update my ZL via OTA?

Thank you...

If a custom recovery was installed (Most of the time they are when rooting) that can be another factor in stopping an OTA. You may have to reflash a stock ROM in order to get it.

jeff zen

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
If a custom recovery was installed (Most of the time they are when rooting) that can be another factor in stopping an OTA. You may have to reflash a stock ROM in order to get it.

Can I just update my ZL to JB4.3 via PC Companion? If yes.. This means my device will be back with stock OS right? Hope I can update my ZL via PCC as I dont know much about custom recovery..

To do full unroot b4 I refer with Mr Google haha...

Pls reply ASAP bout updating my device with PCC as im failed to update via OTA..

Tq

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can I just update my ZL to JB4.3 via PC Companion? If yes.. This means my device will be back with stock OS right? Hope I can update my ZL via PCC as I dont know much about custom recovery..

To do full unroot b4 I refer with Mr Google haha...

Pls reply ASAP bout updating my device with PCC as im failed to update via OTA..

Tq

Unfortunately, I am not very proficient with Sonys. You might be able to flash the ROM with the PC companion, but I am not sure.

jeff zen

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, I am not very proficient with Sonys. You might be able to flash the ROM with the PC companion, but I am not sure.

I do check my device via Rom Manager and theres no Custom Recovery install.. So this means my device just have been rooted only b4 this without unlocking the bootloader or installed custom rom recovery.. And ive full unroot my device via SuperSU..

Well I think im gonna give a try to updating my ZL via PCC

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't do it. Updates up to 4.2.2 was all great. 4.3 is not. Ruined much of the UI, made the alarm clock less functional, my phone is now dropping calls, BlueTooth functions erratically, I get scratchy BT transmissions and a reduced BT range.

Prior to updating to 4.3, this was the best phone I ever had. Now, it's a piece of post-digestive residue. Android 4.3, on this particular handset, with it's particular UI, in my humble opinion, is a serious downgrade in both reliability and functionality of the same handset running 4.2.2. On top of reduced functionality, it changed the UI to something that's aesthetically, rather bland and unimaginative.

Sony's online "chat" support Did not offer a fix, and the first thing they wrote, when I mentioned I was thinking of changing my phone, was a bland pre-cooked threat of voiding my warranty if I "rooted", something I never even brought up. I'm probably going to get another handset just like the one I already own, or a Z1, because I really like these handsets, but with full knowledge that not all upgrades go smoothly, and will stick with the next one "AS-IS" until I've found an alternative to Android. (Moving to something else after 4.3, I can't live with the crippling of SDcard support 4.4 KitKat imposes. Leaning towards a WinPhone...)

I've had two successful system updates, but the one to 4.3 did not, and neither Sony or Google gives a hoot. So go ahead if you will, but don't count on Sony if your phone goes awry, because just like other big corporate giants, they don't give a rats' hind about you, or you hard-earned money.

- Alarm styles gone
- Alarm require additional tap on a "DONE" button after being "SET", or it reverts the changes.
- Alarm settings page is F-ing white! (Who's the moron ? When I'm half asleep and trying to change my alarm time, I don't want to be blinded!)
- Throw function is now exclusive to Sony's crappy onboard media player (Walkman... What a sorry joke of a player that is...)
- Serious BlueTooth issues (Not good for a truck driver in a place where holding the handset will get you a ticket )
- Doesn't play well with my car's SYNC system any more.
- Dropped calls.
- App drawer just became bloated with a bunch of useless "features", unless your a geek "app reviewer" of sorts who spends his life installing/uninstalling apps..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1