Stanley Cup Playoffs

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A shutout for Crawford. Its time the haters realize and admit that he is a top tier goaltender. You don't accomplish what he has no matter the team if you're not good. He saved our butts many times yesterday and throughout.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
A shutout for Crawford. Its time the haters realize and admit that he is a top tier goaltender. You don't accomplish what he has no matter the team if you're not good. He saved our butts many times yesterday and throughout.
Hate to bring up another wings analogy but it will forever be used against him
Chris Osgood has always been regarded as a below average goaltender and a product of having Lidström, Rafalski and a stacked team in front of him. So what ? A goalie still needs to make the save.

People will always say yeah Crawford was ok but he had Keith, Seabrook Kane and Toews..

I don't think Crawford is elite but he is for sure better than a lot of the average starters in this league. Basically it's Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, Quick, Rask, Luongo and then the field is wide open.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Chris Osgood has always been regarded as a below average goaltender and a product of having Lidström, Rafalski and a stacked team in front of him. So what ? A goalie still needs to make the save.

People will always say yeah Crawford was ok but he had Keith, Seabrook Kane and Toews..

I don't think Crawford is elite but he is for sure better than a lot of the average starters in this league. Basically it's Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, Quick, Rask, Luongo and then the field is wide open.

See, at this point I would put Lundqvist and Price over him but not so much the rest. Quick hasn't been himself since that surgery he had so I cant take him. The others, while great, I'd also take Crawford over. Sure he can make some odd mistakes but when you need him to make the big saves he does. We don't win in 2013 without Crawford and even Kane says Conn Smythe should have been Crawford. This year Hawks find themselves down 4-0 in many games without him standing on his head.

Once you get to the top goalies it's hard to figure out who the elites are. But I'll take Crawford over almost anyone because he is clutch in big games.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I think Quick had somewhat of a down year last year yeah but I still think he is better than Crawford overall. The guy from TSN -- I think it was Noodles - mentioned that he would rank Crawford a bit behind the elite ones but for sure above a lot of other goalies in this league and I'd agree with that.

He played awesome in game 5,6 but he also had some not so good games especially against the Ducks.

You guys have an awesome core and I know a lot of guys are predicting doom and gloom next year but with Teravainen and a few prospects the Hawks will still be a force next year.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I have to agree with Eclipse2K on this. Lundquist and Price are definitely elite goalies. The others are good, but not better than Crawford. He has 2 Stanley Cup championships to his credit now. It is very hard keeping him out of the elite goalie conversation. As was pointed out, he does come through in big games.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy it while it lasts :)

And now... The party is over. Brandon Saad, who was transforming into the next Marian Hossa, was traded to Columbus. I realize he was asking for a bigger contract than Chicago could afford but this one stings. The only thing that would make me happy is to see Bickell traded immediately with his ridiculous and undeserved contract.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
And now... The party is over. Brandon Saad, who was transforming into the next Marian Hossa, was traded to Columbus. I realize he was asking for a bigger contract than Chicago could afford but this one stings. The only thing that would make me happy is to see Bickell traded immediately with his ridiculous and undeserved contract.

Yes, the Saad trade blew me away. It was so unexpected. This hard salary cap is tough to deal with. Also, you know the other teams would love to see the Blackhawks team broken up.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
That's why I would prefer an mlb like system with a luxury tax instead of hard cap. Now you guys and girls might experience the same thing we did after our last Stanley cup finals in 2009

Teams are investing a ton of money into development, scouting and if they do it well they should be able to reap the benefits of that

The Saad trade was so unexpected, can't believe Bowman decided to trade him over Bickell, Sharp and Oduya

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's why I would prefer an mlb like system with a luxury tax instead of hard cap. Now you guys and girls might experience the same thing we did after our last Stanley cup finals in 2009

Teams are investing a ton of money into development, scouting and if they do it well they should be able to reap the benefits of that

The Saad trade was so unexpected, can't believe Bowman decided to trade him over Bickell, Sharp and Oduya

Bickell and Sharp will be traded more than likely because they're still over the cap. At least I hope Bickell is because he has to go. As for Oduya, he is an UFA so there was no trade to be had.

On a side note, I love Saad but he is now the star in Columbus. He is not going to produce anywhere near as much as he did next to Toews in Chicago. Coach Q had a system that was fast and played matchups better than any other team which only helped him succeed. He is an amazing player but in no way, shape or form going to be the guy that brings a Cup to Columbus.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Columbus is building a hard working tough to play against team so Saad will fit in very well. I guess the plan is to put him on Johanson's wing which should still create some nice numbers.

Also Saad just made the Nyquist situation more interesting. I think the biggest thing for the Blackhawk going forward will be to extend Seabrook because that guy will be a highly thought after defenseman that's for sure.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Columbus is building a hard working tough to play against team so Saad will fit in very well. I guess the plan is to put him on Johanson's wing which should still create some nice numbers.

Also Saad just made the Nyquist situation more interesting. I think the biggest thing for the Blackhawk going forward will be to extend Seabrook because that guy will be a highly thought after defenseman that's for sure.

I read Kruger and Oduya are waiting for the Hawks to figure out the cap situation because they want to sign again.

Also, not dissing Saad. But he will NEVER play with talent comparable to Toews/Hossa anywhere else much less Columbus. He will be good but his numbers will drop without those two.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well Toews is a top 3 center in this league and Hossa is just ageless with the exception of Pittsburgh no other team can offer that .

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well Toews is a top 3 center in this league and Hossa is just ageless with the exception of Pittsburgh no other team can offer that .

That's my whole point. I would have LOVED to keep Saad because he is very talented. But I'd be fooling myself if I believed he would be anywhere near his Chicago level without Toews and Hossa. He will succeed but I also wouldn't be surprised to see if he doesn't live up to $6m per year.

Only time will tell. Chicago has taught me this happens.

Pippen is no one without Jordan
Briggs is no one without Urlacher

Where will Saad fall? I wish him all the success he can have except beating the Hawks.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
A lot of it will depend on the development of Johansson.

As far Jordan well that guy is the Gretzky of basketball.

Wow Tarasenko just signed a steal of a contract well done blues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20