07-07-2015 07:45 PM
38 12
tools
    Hi everyone. Share your thoughts on the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Talk about your favorite team, your hopes, and basically anything you want to talk about. Me? I think my avatar says it all. Go Blackhawks!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    04-17-2015 08:27 PM
    I just hope that Hawks wont win this year

My prediction is wild vs rangers final.
    Rangers win in 6
    04-27-2015 10:39 AM
    I just hope that Hawks wont win this year

My prediction is wild vs rangers final.
    Rangers win in 6
    Bite your tongue!! LOL!!
    04-27-2015 12:29 PM
    Bite your tongue!! LOL!!
    haha, I´m from Finland, so of course I want some finnish stanley cup champions
    04-28-2015 07:35 AM
    haha, I´m from Finland, so of course I want some finnish stanley cup champions
    Well, one of our goalies is from Finland. His name is Antti Raanta.

04-28-2015 11:44 AM
    I grew up in Minnesota (left though about twenty years ago) and used to be a huge North Stars fan, then Dallas Stars, but kind of lost interest after Mike Modano and various other players of that era retired. Now tend to only follow hockey this time of year during the playoffs. Of course a fan now of the Minnesota Wild, as well as Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche (my girl is from there and I've always liked em too. Pretty cool to see Patrick Roy coaching them now).

Looking forward to this rematch from last year: Wild vs. Blackhawks. Go Wild!
    Minnesota worries me. They match up well with the Hawks. They're fast and tenacious. This will be a tough series.

04-30-2015 09:51 AM
    Haha, no worries! Chicago swept Minnesota right out the playoffs with ease. Ugh. So much for my interest in the Stanley Cup Playoffs now. The only team left I have the slightest interest in anymore is Tampa Bay. So I'm out. Good luck to everyone else! Patiently waiting for the NFL season to start!
    Yes, but I wouldn't say it was with ease. Minnesota is a better team than what they showed. Of course, the Blackhawks are simply great!!! 😉

05-13-2015 08:46 PM
    Man Im sure pulling for Chicago to take out Anaheim as I don't see either East team taking Anaheim past 5. If I have to watch Kesler raise lord stanely I swear Ill punch a baby
    05-19-2015 03:47 PM
    One more win and my Hawks are in the Stanley Cup championship series! Come on boys, you can do it!
    05-28-2015 08:57 AM
    One more win and my Hawks are in the Stanley Cup championship series! Come on boys, you can do it!
    3 more wins and the Hawks raise the Stanley Cup! I'm not saying were guaranteed to win but talent wise no roster is deeper than Chicago. I'd go as far as saying this team is better than the 2010 and 2013 teams.

Bring home the Cup, Chicago!
    shaleem likes this.
    06-05-2015 03:19 AM
    As a wings fan it's hard to admit it but the hawks are an impressive team . I just can't bring myself to not like Toews he is always business first and just gets the job done without goshing about it.

That being said I want Stevie to win his first cup as a GM so go Bolts
    Blaize19 likes this.
    06-08-2015 07:24 PM
    As a wings fan it's hard to admit it but the hawks are an impressive team . I just can't bring myself to not like Toews he is always business first and just gets the job done without goshing about it.

Yes! Even though they knocked our Wings out...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2
    Carrtman likes this.
    06-08-2015 07:45 PM
    I grew up in Minnesota (left though about twenty years ago) and used to be a huge North Stars fan, then Dallas Stars, but kind of lost interest after Mike Modano and various other players of that era retired. Now tend to only follow hockey this time of year during the playoffs. Of course a fan now of the Minnesota Wild, as well as Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche (my girl is from there and I've always liked em too. Pretty cool to see Patrick Roy coaching them now).

Looking forward to this rematch from last year: Wild vs. Blackhawks. Go Wild!
    Also grew up a No' Stars fan. And left 25 years ago. Could NOT root for any Dallas team, much less the traitors! 😈 That's when I became a Red Wings fan. Well before the Stanley Cup run. But I also, now, have a soft spot for the Wild, and for the Pens.

06-08-2015 07:55 PM
    Well as an Austrian we are obviously also following the teams with Austrian players hopefully Vanek will come out flying next year

Liked the first period a lot so far Bishop and Crawford need to be better
    06-08-2015 08:10 PM

Yes! Even though they knocked our Wings out...

Ah yes! I miss that good old Red Wings - Blackhawks rivalry! That being said, I fervently hope that the Hawks take the Bolts out! Tampa impresses me, but I still think that the Blackhawks are going to win it all. Honestly though, Kane and Sharp MUST step up their game if the Hawks expect to win the Cup. Also, you gotta love a guy like Duncan Keith ....he's an iron man! GO BLACKHAWKS!
    06-10-2015 01:09 PM
    Yeah back when the Wings still had an awesome team it sadly feels like forever..nowadays the roles are reversed the hawks are on top and wings barely making the playoffs.

Wanted Yzerman to take over for Holland and go rebuild instead of retool mode. Things won't be pretty when Pasha retires.
    06-11-2015 06:38 PM
    And the Chicago Blackhawks win the 3rd Cup in 6 years! The city is going wild. LOL

06-15-2015 11:06 PM
    Congrats salary cap era dynasty.

Will be a long long time till the Wings are even close to the level of Tampa or Chicago again.

Happy for Kimo he was obviously overwhelmed
    shaleem likes this.
    06-16-2015 07:25 AM
    Yeah back when the Wings still had an awesome team it sadly feels like forever..nowadays the roles are reversed the hawks are on top and wings barely making the playoffs.

Wanted Yzerman to take over for Holland and go rebuild instead of retool mode. Things won't be pretty when Pasha retires.
    Gonna be interesting to see what Blash brings...

06-16-2015 08:36 AM
    Happy for Kimo he was obviously overwhelmed
    Same here.

06-16-2015 08:38 AM
    A shutout for Crawford. Its time the haters realize and admit that he is a top tier goaltender. You don't accomplish what he has no matter the team if you're not good. He saved our butts many times yesterday and throughout.
    shaleem likes this.
    06-16-2015 12:23 PM
    A shutout for Crawford. Its time the haters realize and admit that he is a top tier goaltender. You don't accomplish what he has no matter the team if you're not good. He saved our butts many times yesterday and throughout.
    Hate to bring up another wings analogy but it will forever be used against him
    Chris Osgood has always been regarded as a below average goaltender and a product of having Lidström, Rafalski and a stacked team in front of him. So what ? A goalie still needs to make the save.

People will always say yeah Crawford was ok but he had Keith, Seabrook Kane and Toews..

I don't think Crawford is elite but he is for sure better than a lot of the average starters in this league. Basically it's Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, Quick, Rask, Luongo and then the field is wide open.
    06-16-2015 09:11 PM
    Chris Osgood has always been regarded as a below average goaltender and a product of having Lidström, Rafalski and a stacked team in front of him. So what ? A goalie still needs to make the save.

People will always say yeah Crawford was ok but he had Keith, Seabrook Kane and Toews..

I don't think Crawford is elite but he is for sure better than a lot of the average starters in this league. Basically it's Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, Quick, Rask, Luongo and then the field is wide open.
    See, at this point I would put Lundqvist and Price over him but not so much the rest. Quick hasn't been himself since that surgery he had so I cant take him. The others, while great, I'd also take Crawford over. Sure he can make some odd mistakes but when you need him to make the big saves he does. We don't win in 2013 without Crawford and even Kane says Conn Smythe should have been Crawford. This year Hawks find themselves down 4-0 in many games without him standing on his head.

Once you get to the top goalies it's hard to figure out who the elites are. But I'll take Crawford over almost anyone because he is clutch in big games.
    shaleem likes this.
    06-17-2015 01:45 AM
    I think Quick had somewhat of a down year last year yeah but I still think he is better than Crawford overall. The guy from TSN -- I think it was Noodles - mentioned that he would rank Crawford a bit behind the elite ones but for sure above a lot of other goalies in this league and I'd agree with that.

He played awesome in game 5,6 but he also had some not so good games especially against the Ducks.

You guys have an awesome core and I know a lot of guys are predicting doom and gloom next year but with Teravainen and a few prospects the Hawks will still be a force next year.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    06-17-2015 04:26 AM

I have to agree with Eclipse2K on this. Lundquist and Price are definitely elite goalies. The others are good, but not better than Crawford. He has 2 Stanley Cup championships to his credit now. It is very hard keeping him out of the elite goalie conversation. As was pointed out, he does come through in big games.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    06-17-2015 02:06 PM
38 12