9016 Text Message Issue

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing no other Epic users are having this problem or I would have seen some posts on it. Saw one recent post in Nexus forum but nothing about how to solve problem. Was on phone with Sprint for some time today and thus far they seem perplexed about how to fix the issue. And unlike in the Nexus thread, the Sprint people I spoke with never mentioned anything about being aware of the issue. Phone was fine till Monday or Tuesday. I have cleared the data from the application, sent numerous messages to activate @vvm.sprint.com and tried resetting the voicemail other ways but no luck. :(

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? I am running SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1 and using Go SMS Pro as my messaging application.

Thanks.

TH

Reactions: wubba

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Gave Sprint one more shot and still they have no idea what to do. Dug around on internet a little more and came across the answer which can be found here: Sprint Community: Having VVM issues (getting a text from...

Basically needed to uncheck a box on Go SMS Pro. Did that and next thing I know all the voicemails started showing up. Also has answer for people with Handcent as their text message application.

Reactions: fasnic and wubba

Gatorman

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello TH,

I'm going to post my own question, but thought I might ask you here as well.

I was using Go SMS, and suddenly last week, it stopped receiving messages back. It can still send them, but nothing ever shows up in the inbox. My stock SMS program has stopped working too. The only program that still functions is Google Voice, but to my knowledge it doesn't have the ability to send pic files.

Anyways, I've tried the obvious such as uninstalling and reinstalling GO. Same for Google. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

moodi920

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing no other Epic users are having this problem or I would have seen some posts on it. Saw one recent post in Nexus forum but nothing about how to solve problem. Was on phone with Sprint for some time today and thus far they seem perplexed about how to fix the issue. And unlike in the Nexus thread, the Sprint people I spoke with never mentioned anything about being aware of the issue. Phone was fine till Monday or Tuesday. I have cleared the data from the application, sent numerous messages to activate @vvm.sprint.com and tried resetting the voicemail other ways but no luck. :(

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? I am running SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1 and using Go SMS Pro as my messaging application.

Thanks.

TH
I am having this same problem. I use GoSms and that link did not help me. Sprint has no idea how to fix this problem. It's driving me crazy. I have been on the phone with them for numerous hours on 3 different days. Has anyone found a solution?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

moodi920

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello TH,

I'm going to post my own question, but thought I might ask you here as well.

I was using Go SMS, and suddenly last week, it stopped receiving messages back. It can still send them, but nothing ever shows up in the inbox. My stock SMS program has stopped working too. The only program that still functions is Google Voice, but to my knowledge it doesn't have the ability to send pic files.

Anyways, I've tried the obvious such as uninstalling and reinstalling GO. Same for Google. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
To fix the visual voicemail notifications go to settings,applications, manage applications, all, then voicemail. Once there clear data and your voicemail will reset, then you will start getting the notifications but it does not stop the texts from 9016...Hope this helps it worked for me.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i am not experiencing your issue or in same situation as you in regards to using all those 3rd-party apps, but could all this be linked to your google voice integration? i've read many encountered issues when settings between the apps are crossed with google voice's settings.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams