Netflix available for Epic4g

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I don't know why NetFlix would do this, but is it possible they released it early knowing that it was only going to work once Gingerbread has been implemented? Perhaps they were tired of looking like they were dragging their feet on adding new devices and want to shift the pressure to Sprint/Samsung?

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
From a post by dkechitkid in the XDA Developers thread on this issue. Netflix Now Available for Epic! - xda-developers

The issue isn't the phone but the fact that google hasn't put up the correct version in the market. If you the read description for netflix in the market it has "Licensing" info for 1.3 but the version being installed is 1.2.

I'm assuming 1.3 is the version that is compatible with our phones. It will probably be fixed shortly.

Let's hope he is correct!

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
A Solution Has Been Found!!

Again from XDA and dkechitkid:

Solution found: at least for me it worked.
Install netflix from market (will probably be 1.2).
Reboot phone and open market again.
Menu -> My Apps
you should now see the option to update netflix to 1.3.
Install and enjoy.

Updating as we speak!!

Reactions: damillatime

wemetzger

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting the log in error, but then downloaded the correct version using the QR code, and now it no longer crashes when I log in. However, I am still getting a communication error when trying to log in. Have tried with both 3G and wifi. I have a rooted phone....

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Top story reports it is now fixed on the market. I redownloaded, installed and boom, works like a charm! I plan to shove it in my wife's face tonight as her phone still isn't on the list, lol.

Ostrich69

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
With the netflix app now updtaed for the epic 4g can you stream over 3g or 4g or does it make you use wifi to download the movies

Funky Cricket

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think i would stream 3g, just seems like it would be choppy and bufferring all the time. wifi though, for some top gear when I don't want to have to bust out the laptop.... oooo can't wait.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised to read about Netflix on Epics on Froyo. I wonder what the holdup was since it wasn't we needed Gingerbread.

svx

Jun 7, 2010
www.isv-knights.org
I have both WiFi and 3G enabled on my phone. Which does it default to when both are enabled? I downloaded the app about 2 hrs ago and test drove a movie. It was choppy as hell (buffering all the time)! I am on the ACS 2.0 ROM with the ext file system. I did move Netflix to my card to conserve space on the phone. Could that possibly be an issue? I cannot see how due to buffering.

Any advice?

UPDATE: it appears a reboot fixed it. No update from Marketplace needed.

Last edited:

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! The old apk I downloaded from here or XDA which I guess was 1.2 never worked on my Epic. I just went on the market and searched for Newtflix and there it was.
Now it works perfectly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes