Sprint is letting go Samsung Epic in October!!!

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
After October we won't see anymore updates for the Epic 4g.
Good Bye Epic!!!
It has been a great phone for me since the firts day!!!
:'(

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not that we won't see anymore updates (but since it's Samsung, we probably won't), but it won't be sold at all in stores or online. But if you were to say break your phone, they will give you a refurb.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just means as Officerpolabear said, Sprint won't be selling the device anymore. We knew that updates were probably going to be limited to getting Gingerbread and once that is complete anything else would just be considered a bonus.

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. I highly doubt we will get anything after gingerbread. I'll be shocked if we do. And them getting rid of it is a good move on their part. Just shows that they are coming out with wave after wave of new android devices.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thats one of two things i hate about android. the constant onslaught of new and "obsolete" devices. Along with the fragmentation of Android. Geez i thought my 1GHz phone was so powerful, then two weeks later its a dinosaur....

SamsungSucks

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just because a new phone comes out 2 weeks after you got yours does not make your phone obsolete. You can't expect them not to release new phones.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
thats one of two things i hate about android. the constant onslaught of new and "obsolete" devices. Along with the fragmentation of Android. Geez i thought my 1GHz phone was so powerful, then two weeks later its a dinosaur....

Same thing happens to everything electronic. Bought a Nikon D3100 - obsolete. My two custom built pc's are still running core 2 series processors - obsolete. My awesome kickass Samsung Epic 4G - yep, obsolete. Thing is, it still works for me. It's as fast as ever, and so are all my things that I've bought. I'm happy with them because they just work. I know what makes them tick because I've spent so long with them.

However, this doesn't mean that I won't be getting the Sprint version of the Galaxy S2 though! :D

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
We'll still get updates just 6 months after every other phone. The phone reaching EOL will not effect that, this has been typical since release.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've only seen that AT&T will be getting 2 variants of the GSII. I have yet to see anyone say that Sprint will get 2 variants of it.

Samsung Epic 2, "full touch 4G" device both part of leaked Sprint Q3 roadmap | PhoneDog

Sprint today launched both the HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G, but if neither of those devices tickles your fancy for whatever reason, a new leak has revealed that Sprint's got several other tempting products coming soon. The folks at This is my next have been tipped off on all of the details on Sprint's third quarter (July-September) roadmap and, although there aren't any specific launch dates included, there are juicy details about some upcoming handsets to be found. Here's what we can reportedly expect from Sprint over the next few months:

Samsung Epic 2: 4-inch display, single-core 1.2GHz Hummingbird processor (likely the same as the Infuse 4G), 8-megapixel camera, and a physical QWERTY keyboard.

Samsung "full touch 4G" device: Not much is known about this product, but it's very possible that it's the Samsung Galaxy Within, aka Sprint's Galaxy S II.

Balzak

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont want to be a downer but I dont think I will be getting another Sammy/Sprint phone. The upgrade support has been horrendous. Yes, I can and have rooted and flashed ROMS but the basic OS just plain sucks. The Froyo update has messed my phone up (call me silly but I like having the phone dial pad show up more than 50% of the time) and maybe they will fix it before the sipcan the phone with 2.3. Sprint?Sammy = Fail.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Fragmentation? Really? Most of the phones are on 2.2 and 2.3, both very similar. Most of the current phones are slated to be on gingerbread soon enough. It's not nowhere close to what it was when many phones were still on 1.x and 2.1 and app compatibility was a big issue. Heck, workarounds were needed to get 1.5 on CDMA back in the day. Fragmentation now is pretty much an non issue.

And something is only obsolete if you just simply lust after new hardware and are jealous of everything new coming out while you're still using your older but more than capable device. At least there is a plus with Sprint and their 1yr contracts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000