DG27 to EG22?

May 24, 2011
Visit site
All I keep finding are dead links for updates. What steps will I have to take?
DG27 to DI07 and so forth?
I got my phone flashed to MetroPCS and the guy took me from EC05 all the way back to DG27 just for Web and MMS. Screw the Web and MMS, I want an updated system.
Can someone PLEASE provide links and how-to's. I'm currently rooted with clockworkmod and I'm getting really frustrated, maybe you guys can help me.

Also, someone told me I could go from DG27 straight to EG22 but I was little skeptical.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All I keep finding are dead links for updates. What steps will I have to take?
DG27 to DI07 and so forth?
I got my phone flashed to MetroPCS and the guy took me from EC05 all the way back to DG27 just for Web and MMS. Screw the Web and MMS, I want an updated system.
Can someone PLEASE provide links and how-to's. I'm currently rooted with clockworkmod and I'm getting really frustrated, maybe you guys can help me.

Also, someone told me I could go from DG27 straight to EG22 but I was little skeptical.
Yes this can be done. I successfully helped someone in a similar situation awhile back. The users phone wouldn't for some reason receive OTA updates and was stuck at DG27 and they wanted to get on Eclair 2.1 (DI18) final or up to Froyo EB13 at the time. I told them to use Odin and it worked out fine for them.

Go to the following link below. I really would recommend doing it in two steps to make things a bit easier on your device.

First go to the link below and select procedure #1 and gather the required materials to Odin to official Froyo EC05. Then after you have a successful bootup and verify the basics are working (phone calls, blah blah).

[How to] Factory Restore (or Fix a Bricked Phone)

Then go back and go after Gingerbread EG22. I will leave that up to you which Odin version you want, the stock unrooted leak or the deodexed version that is prerooted with CWM installed. Either way its basically the same procedures with Odin, just different files.

I know it seems silly to do it twice but it would probably be better to get up to official Froyo EC05 and then make the jump to Gingerbread. That is the way I would recommend it be done, or you could take a shot at it and go straight to Gingerbread from DG27. Regardless, Odin will completely wipe and flash your device with the upgraded OS, kernel, modem (radio) so in theory you really could go straight to Gingerbread if you wanted to do so.

Please report in with progress, any problems and we will work em out!

Edit: As far as using Clockwork to simply flash to EG22, I don't think this could be accomplished without a great deal of headaches. Since your on Eclair and a very outdated version of Eclair making the jump would have to be in many steps and finding all the correct modems to flash and updates as you have noticed are broken and basically impossible to find. Odin is really your only hope at this point, problem is I'm not sure how this will come into play with the device being setup on MetroPCS.