My disappointing call to Sprint.... RESOLVED :)

sly41991

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: My disappointing call to Sprint....

I went through the same situation when I had a pre the retention department was awesome they gave me full upgrades on all 5 of my phones gave me the epic for only 100 this was on the epic release day and a 26% discount on my bill permenantly because I went through 4 pres in a month

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well after many phone calls and trips back and forth to my local Sprint store, I finally got a rep or supervisor on the phone today that worked with me. I come to find out from this supervisor (of course this is something they don't like to advertise) but once you hit your 3rd defective refurb the system automatically kicks in "options" for you as a suitable replacement. Plus this is all being done for FREE with no charges to me and its also not affecting/resetting my upgrade period...

I was given the choice of Nexus S 4g, EVO Shift, Intercept, Transformer or another Epic 4g. Well after talking with some of you and my close friends I have decided to go with the Nexus S 4g :) .

I looked at the long term of it all and the Nexus will still continue to receive updates and it will also probably see ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) and its a developers device which is perfect for me ;) The Epic 4g while its still my baby its time is running out and once official GB comes out we know its the end of the road. Officially to its on the EOL (End of Life) list by Sprint in October.

So I will still be here to help out, I'm not abandoning my friends and members that I have enjoyed helping so much ! I still have my wife's Epic 4g which is rooted, to play with now and then so I will still be "in the loop".

Otherwise, I will see some of you in the Nexus S 4g section starting next Monday when the new shipment of Nexus's come in at my local Sprint store :)

Paul.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am glad that Sprint finally took care of you! Your choice of the Nexus S 4G is a good one. My wife really likes her Nexus S and I have enjoyed using it as well.

Thanks for all the help you have given to so many of us in the Epic forums. If I can get past not having a physical keyboard I may see you in the Nexus S forums.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: My disappointing call to Sprint....

I am glad that Sprint finally took care of you! Your choice of the Nexus S 4G is a good one. My wife really likes her Nexus S and I have enjoyed using it as well.

Thanks for all the help you have given to so many of us in the Epic forums. If I can get past not having a physical keyboard I may see you in the Nexus S forums.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Thanks Ed, you've been a regular in the Epic section and like I said I'll still be around... Things are going to change that much with Gingerbread where I can't jump in still and help out... Plus my wife has her Epic which will be rooted and running GB once it goes official :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL... Nah... Epic 4g is a solid device but I couldn't pass up this option of getting away from it with no charge to me. A new device, new life and no cost to me.

I'll still be depending on you dtm ;)

Reactions: dtm_stretch

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes lancelot, ALWAYS unroot/return to complete stock OS before attempting service at your Sprint store. Otherwise its a 99% promise that you will be wasting your time/trip to the store.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, i didnt think sprint was going to let you down. Glad it worked out. Too bad the timing couldnt be for the Epic Touch. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
werkx, well its not a loss really by any means. My upgrade time hasn't been affected and this is being done no cost to me so say next month the Epic Touch comes out and I feel like upgrading I'm welcome to do so and I got to play with the Nexus S during that time period and to still have as a backup in the event I need a phone due to some unforeseen problems.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
werkx, well its not a loss really by any means. My upgrade time hasn't been affected and this is being done no cost to me so say next month the Epic Touch comes out and I feel like upgrading I'm welcome to do so and I got to play with the Nexus S during that time period and to still have as a backup in the event I need a phone due to some unforeseen problems.

So Paul, you gonna get the SGS2 when it comes out?

Gust30

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
After reading this thread, I am really scared. My Epic suffered water damage last night in my pool (why do I drink)....Anyway, I am having to re-activate my old Pre...bleh. I hope that I have some better luck on Tuesday when my New (refurb) Epic arrives!!!!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So Paul, you gonna get the SGS2 when it comes out?
Seriously thinking about it. Depending on my experience with the Nexus S 4g that will help point me in which direction I'm going.

The SGSII (Epic Touch 4g) sounds to be hot ticket again going into another holiday season.

The upcoming Nexus Prime (based on the SGSII) is supposed to be a pumped up version of the SGSII.

Based on that I would say the SGSII is going to be a awesome device if the new Nexus is going to be based off it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After reading this thread, I am really scared. My Epic suffered water damage last night in my pool (why do I drink)....Anyway, I am having to re-activate my old Pre...bleh. I hope that I have some better luck on Tuesday when my New (refurb) Epic arrives!!!!!!
So you took your device into your local Sprint store already? Did they authorize replacement with no signs of water damage? If so that's awesome!

Actually I think the Epic is really a well sealed device, the only spot I have heard about water really getting into the device besides the external speaker is around the camera . So if you were quick and got it dried off fast you could save it before the water indicators get wet. If you have a small phillips screw driver you can remove the 6 or 7 screws on the back under your battery cover and pop the case open to see if there is water damage.

The battery as a small white strip on it which is a water indicator, mine was partial pink which indicates signs of water but that's been like that for some time... Probably happened from me cleaning the device it may have gotten a few drops of water/alcohol on the strip.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Seriously thinking about it. Depending on my experience with the Nexus S 4g that will help point me in which direction I'm going.

The SGSII (Epic Touch 4g) sounds to be hot ticket again going into another holiday season.

The upcoming Nexus Prime (based on the SGSII) is supposed to be a pumped up version of the SGSII.

Based on that I would say the SGSII is going to be a awesome device if the new Nexus is going to be based off it.

Yeah, I would go for a Nexus Prime, but that phone hasn't been confirmed for Sprint (but most likely will but you never know) yet and I will just wait and see. My upgrade is on the first of December meaning I get to see how all these phones pan out before I make my decision :)

Gust30

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
So you took your device into your local Sprint store already? Did they authorize replacement with no signs of water damage? If so that's awesome!

Actually I think the Epic is really a well sealed device, the only spot I have heard about water really getting into the device besides the external speaker is around the camera . So if you were quick and got it dried off fast you could save it before the water indicators get wet. If you have a small phillips screw driver you can remove the 6 or 7 screws on the back under your battery cover and pop the case open to see if there is water damage.

The battery as a small white strip on it which is a water indicator, mine was partial pink which indicates signs of water but that's been like that for some time... Probably happened from me cleaning the device it may have gotten a few drops of water/alcohol on the strip.
I filed an insurance claim on it. The people at my Sprint stores I would rather not deal with most of the time. I had this happen with my old Samsung Instinct and have never had a problem with a claim not going through.