Who's switching to Samsung Galaxy S2? (Epic 4G Touch)

blitzen89

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd ask since its been formally announced now. Other than the lack of a keyboard, it looks awesome to me! :D

Can't wait till December (upgrade time) :D

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you provide a link to the announcement? And yeah, my next upgrade is def the SGS2 (Epic Touch). I've been practicing typing on my screen with my Epic as of late, lol! I ready to move on to slimmer and better screen resolution/enhancement!

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely be upgrading since I'm up for one on 9/1. The keyboard was nice for my transition from a blackberry, but the thickness got old not to mention the lack of updates that would have made the phone run as well as it should have from the start. I'm ready for a phone flies right out of the box, and won't have me begging for updates. I'm optimistic that the long wait for a U.S. SGSII will mean that these phones are going to be pretty rock solid as far as reliability.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not up for an upgrade through Sprint until 2012, but if I can find a good deal on a used one, will probably go ahead and get it that way.

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I really want to upgrade to the Epic 4G Touch (galaxy S2), but I got my epic back in Sept 2010 for $250.00 and I dont want to pay full price for the phone. Hopefully I can find a nice deal on ebay or craigslist. I figure the full price for an epic touch will be around $550+.

If all else fails, I will wait till next year for the Galaxy S3.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The SGS II is nice, but the Nexus Prime has me intrigued. I'd like to see if Sprint will release their own version of it before making a final decision.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping my regular Epic a couple more years...I know my wife loves the slide out keyboard, and I believe I would miss that little feature even though I use Swype mostly.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I will check out both this and the Photon. I will switch to either one of those phones. Epic was nice, but I don't really use the keyboard so something thinner will work better for me :)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Will there be a GSII variant with a keyboard?

I would lean heavily away from that. One of the HUGE features being pushed on the GSII, is how THIN it is. Adding a keyboard would nearly double that thickness, negating one of it's greatest design and selling points.

Not to say they won't have a comparable specked device with a keyboard, just not likely branded a GSII.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Got the Epic 4G on launch day, so the timing of Touch is just right, but I'm going to hold off this time for a few months, um...weeks, um...days, oh heck, the temptation is so hard to resist. And, it's only $199 as opposed to $250.

Oh wait, wallet has spoken. Guess it'll be a Christmas present instead...maybe a slider version will be available by then. One can dream, right?

jasonb225

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I would like to switch but my contract is not up for renewal until 2012! I may switch to Verizon unless sprint beefs up their 4g coverage in New Orleans.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm over the thin and small phones (how thin can they get, how small can they get...lol, reminds me of a Ben Stiller movie). I like the versatility of large screens, sliding keyboards, and the absolute heft of the Epic etc.

cerobles1

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as Rraman3110. I still think I paid way too much for my Epic, $350 - $100 mail-in-rebate = $250. Now you can get it for $50 to $100 depending on ur case. I will like to wait to see where Sprints takes us with their LTE network and also to see what AT&T will do with LTE too. That might make more of a point to make a decision for me. But as the GSII for Sprint goes there's no space for it in my budget. Lucky those of you that have the money to get it on launch day.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as Rraman3110. I still think I paid way too much for my Epic, $350 - $100 mail-in-rebate = $250. Now you can get it for $50 to $100 depending on ur case. I will like to wait to see where Sprints takes us with their LTE network and also to see what AT&T will do with LTE too. That might make more of a point to make a decision for me. But as the GSII for Sprint goes there's no space for it in my budget. Lucky those of you that have the money to get it on launch day.

I agree with you. I wasn't able to get my upgrade back from sprint. I don't think I want to pay the off contract price for the SGSII but if I can sell my epic for around the 175-200 range plus a $75 upgrade; plus waiting a couple months till the price drops then all of the sudden it becomes an affordable phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1