Open Source for Epic GB released

Thadrow

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
https://opensource.samsung.com/

Under Mobile > SPH D700.

Meaning very soon we finally get GB?

CM mods have recently come out with a alpha build for Epic based on EH17 leak, you should check it out. With this source I'm sure we'll get a very amazing build coming soon for CM users.

Good news. :)

Reactions: DaddyDon33

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would say this is a sign of GB release very soon. Samsung has always been known for releasing the source code a few days before officially releasing the OS update.

The source is on the servers so I would say its finally gonna happen :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
LOL.. ICS... That my friend may come in the form of some port somewhere down the road but I wouldn't bank on it....

Seeing how quietly this whole source code release and all is going I'm beginning to wonder if Sammy got this thing bug free or are they just finally throwing out whatever they ended up with...

Reactions: a Magillacutty

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with dtm_stretch on this one... Finally getting something it deserved a long time ago... I just hope the dedicated people still remaining on the Epic 4g appreciate what they are getting even if it isn't a BIG change.

@dtm, hows that SGSII treating ya?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with dtm_stretch on this one... Finally getting something it deserved a long time ago... I just hope the dedicated people still remaining on the Epic 4g appreciate what they are getting even if it isn't a BIG change.

@dtm, hows that SGSII treating ya?

Amazing I love it. It isn't without flaws though. Instead of a beep for no signal, I get a notification in the notification bar....every single time I lose signal or go into roaming. Also that damn Loss of Signal bug, luckily chris41g hooked us up and fixed samsung's crappy source.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear dtm. Well maybe a notification pop up will be much easier to track down and remove than the beep we could never locate. Chris is one of the tops so he should great you guys good.

Reactions: dtm_stretch