11-12-2011 01:40 AM
47 12
tools
    oh... Now you're interested too???

I think there is one click root... Qbking77 has videos.

Trying to figure out his name... Was he a quarterback and born in 77? Was his HS jersey #77?
    I was just wondering so I know there is a solid chance that the Galaxy Nexus will have a one-click-root method as well when it comes to Sprint. I want a phone that lasts me 2 years since this will be my last 1 year contract and I'll have to make it count.
    10-26-2011 10:10 PM
    I haven't used the OCR method on the Nexus yet, but the ADB method is very simple.. Even a first timer with ADB and rooting could pull it off... I'm not joking...
    10-26-2011 11:11 PM
    I'm waiting to go to Gingerbread until the official release. Then hopefully someone will do a pre-rooted but otherwise 100% stock version I can install without wiping any of my stuff, like the 2.2 EC05 one I found, which works great.

That was quite nice to have. Then I just installed Superuser and the stock apps remover and started nuking the bloatware I had no use at all for, while keeping a few things I do use.
    10-28-2011 04:57 AM
    I'm waiting to go to Gingerbread until the official release. Then hopefully someone will do a pre-rooted but otherwise 100% stock version I can install without wiping any of my stuff, like the 2.2 EC05 one I found, which works great.

That was quite nice to have. Then I just installed Superuser and the stock apps remover and started nuking the bloatware I had no use at all for, while keeping a few things I do use.
    That EC05 prerooted Odex package your speaking of was done by my fellow AC adviser using my system dump. Its the only one I knew of ever out there that didn't do a full wipe because of what he did to the Odin package.

I'm not sure if you will be able to find anyone else doing that again.
    10-28-2011 07:12 AM
    eye scream 4 ice cream
    10-29-2011 08:24 PM
    Nov 07 already and nothing no gingerbread.... can someone please post as soon as they get the OTA so we anxiously wait until we get our turn lol thanks guys.
    11-07-2011 10:39 AM
    Well I did just check Sprint's site and I guess the EOL (End of Life) as originally slated back months ago for October isn't sticking...

Epic 4g is still up there for sale and at $99, so I guess they are still supporting it and that still gives hope for that eventual GB update...

If Sprint had removed it from the online store I might be thinking a bit differently...
    11-07-2011 11:29 AM
    Well I did just check Sprint's site and I guess the EOL (End of Life) as originally slated back months ago for October isn't sticking...

Epic 4g is still up there for sale and at $99, so I guess they are still supporting it and that still gives hope for that eventual GB update...

If Sprint had removed it from the online store I might be thinking a bit differently...
    The Epic4g was listed on the LTE papers as one of the 4g phones being sold still until Sprint starts to light up LTE in cities. I'll try to find the link that shows it.
    11-07-2011 11:41 AM
    The Epic4g was listed on the LTE papers as one of the 4g phones being sold still until Sprint starts to light up LTE in cities. I'll try to find the link that shows it.
    Interesting.... I still like this phone... I love my Nexus but I still grab my wifes Epic and play around from time to time...
    11-07-2011 01:48 PM
    I gave up waiting on gb a while back. I'm very happy with sfr and cm7 (except for the wifi issues with cm7).
    rando991 likes this.
    11-07-2011 02:33 PM
    I gave up waiting on gb a while back. I'm very happy with sfr and cm7 (except for the wifi issues with cm7).
    Yeah, by the time GB rolls out for this phone, I'll be on something else. Kudos to the guys in development that get Gingerbread working on this phone better than Samsung.
    11-07-2011 07:41 PM
    Yeah, by the time GB rolls out for this phone, I'll be on something else. Kudos to the guys in development that get Gingerbread working on this phone better than Samsung.
    I gotta throw in a vote for the NS4G. This phone has really changed the way I do my day to day business. For my Epic, I had a charger at home, in my car, in my office, and in my clinic for quick charges when necessary. I have to hand it to the people who developed Simply AOSP, because that was the best ROM for my phone at the time. But it was that AOSP look that really made me appreciate the AOSP in general...and that's what the NS4G provides.

I rooted and installed a ROM on day 2, and I haven't experienced a crash yet. Had some FCs with Oxygen ROM, but no FCs for Bugless Beast. Smooth phone. Went 27 hours recently (forgot to bring my charger on an overnight stay in a hotel).

Love it.

...on the other hand, it would also be nice to have 4.5 inches of Epic Touch Goodness!
    11-07-2011 09:28 PM
    I just saw a post on the main site an announcement from Sprint regarding which HTC devices will get ICS. If HTC can give this information to Sprint and in turn Sprint releases it, why is it so difficult for Samsung to do the same? Why do they insist on their standard scripted response of we are unable to speculate if/when the update will be release due to the fact it may cause confusion or inaccurate information? Is Sprint or Samsung truly waiting for Google to say go ahead and release the update? I guess I don't quite understand why the Epic has to sit at 2 major OS versions behind and why there is just silence from Sprint/Samsung (except for the source code which was released for two days before being pullled).
    11-07-2011 11:08 PM
    Is everyone on this site still asleep? Source is back up on Samsung's site and there are already odexed and deodexed ei22 flashable .zips on xda taken from a dumped refurb. (No ei22 modem as yet but it's a start right?)

Still, no mention of any of this on the site claiming to be the source for all things android? Odd.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    werkx likes this.
    11-08-2011 08:37 AM
    Is everyone on this site still asleep? Source is back up on Samsung's site... Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Huh? Oh, unnnnggggrrrrrrraaaaaahhhhhh *stretches*

Yeah, sorry. I fell asleep looking at other phones at my computer desk. Thanks for the news!
    11-08-2011 12:34 PM
    Sorry for the dig fellas but after viewing/posting here for the last 8 months I just felt special to be the first with something.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 05:28 PM
    It official!!!! I just chatted with samsung rep. The ota started 11-9-11 !! Mmm I still don't receive it tho lol. I'm rooted tho and I have not erased any stock apps. I just unfrozed all of the actually .
    Please post guys if you have got the ota yet and if you are rooted or not. Thanks people!
    11-11-2011 02:02 PM
    It official!!!! I just chatted with samsung rep. The ota started 11-9-11 !! Mmm I still don't receive it tho lol. I'm rooted tho and I have not erased any stock apps. I just unfrozed all of the actually .
    Please post guys if you have got the ota yet and if you are rooted or not. Thanks people!
    Some have received the OTA or else we wouldn't have gotten the manual update.zip method.

As far as you being rooted you will have to Odin back to stock Froyo EC05 to receive the OTA update/manual update. There has been multiple attempts here at AC by members to update while rooted and have failed.

You do have the option of flashing the official GB update in the form of a custom ROM using CWM.

Its prerooted/deodexed and complete stock official GB EI22

[Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable
    11-11-2011 02:09 PM
    Is this an April Fools joke? I find any word from Samsung hard to believe. Until I see it hit my phone I won't believe it.

But I hope to see others report that they have actually gotten it.
    11-11-2011 02:26 PM
    Is this an April Fools joke? I find any word from Samsung hard to believe. Until I see it hit my phone I won't believe it.

But I hope to see others report that they have actually gotten it.
    Could be that so many people are on board doing the manual update that its beating the OTA to the punch... Remember first two or three days were very slow roll outs... The major push goes into the weekend and next week...
    11-11-2011 03:33 PM
    Got my official Sprint notice today that Gingerbread is downloading for the Samsung Epic 4G. It's about time. They'll send me another notice when it's ready and I'll have to set my phone aside and connect it to a safe/stable wifi connection for 20 minutes to get everything properly installed. Happy Days

P.S. Just don't ask me about ICS
    11-11-2011 05:52 PM
    Some have received the OTA or else we wouldn't have gotten the manual update.zip method.

As far as you being rooted you will have to Odin back to stock Froyo EC05 to receive the OTA update/manual update. There has been multiple attempts here at AC by members to update while rooted and have failed.

You do have the option of flashing the official GB update in the form of a custom ROM using CWM.

Its prerooted/deodexed and complete stock official GB EI22

[Pre-rooted][Deodexed]EI22 CWM Flashable

Thanks Paul627g i followed the link and did the manual update today. so far so good. i did noticed that the "time without signal" bug is still there.... i still gotta triger airplane mode on and off when i turn on my phone or im over 50% without signal.... danm samsung ...... hopefully they fixed the sns and the drm bugs.
    11-12-2011 01:40 AM
47 12