Low Battery Life

AndroidUserBWK

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Samsung epic 4G. I've had it for a week, but not something seems to be draining the battery. Yesterday, I had it halfway charged, but within not even an hour of using it, the battery died. Also, today I was using it while charging it, but the battery has only gone up 4% within an hour. I think the problem might be the cpu, because whenever I check the speed, it is alwas at max. I have installed ADWLauncher, Google Docs, Netflix, Advanced Task Killer Free, and Z-Device Test. I've tried setting everything to use as low power as possible. Yesterday before I noticed the low battery life, I had to do a hard reset due to the stock launcher crashing after I switched over to it. So is there a way to fix the low battery life without rooting or buying anything?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
For one, dump the 3rd party task killer... They create more problems then they are worth.

Processor is normally going to appear as running at 800-1000... It bounces up and down the scale quickly...

You must have something going that is draining it rather quickly.. Normally on stock you should see somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 6-8 hrs maybe more on a charge for normal usage... Throw in watch movies, downloading stuff, playing music, etc that is going to drop quickly no matter what device/make/model your running...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
For one, dump the 3rd party task killer... They create more problems then they are worth.

Processor is normally going to appear as running at 800-1000... It bounces up and down the scale quickly...

You must have something going that is draining it rather quickly.. Normally on stock you should see somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 6-8 hrs maybe more on a charge for normal usage... Throw in watch movies, downloading stuff, playing music, etc that is going to drop quickly no matter what device/make/model your running...

+1 on getting rid of advanced task killer. I have faster drain on my battery with it installed than without it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that Keith... Its been proven time and time again the 3rd party task killers aren't any better than the included task killer in Froyo.