Has anyone received EI22 OTA?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I and others are waiting for the update to come OTA. I know they were doing a fairly slow rollout, but has anyone from here received it yet?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, at least nobody has posted it in the update thread that I know of...

Everyone was so ready to jump on GB they did the manual update, even those who would of never attempted it in the past are doing it..

But if you want to wait, that is cool...

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's based on when you bought it. I bought mine the day it was released and when Froyo came out I didn't get it until about the 3rd or 4th day. I've gotten a refurb since then, so who knows.

I'd prefer to wait for the update and let the phone do it's thing then trying to do it myself. It doesn't seem hard but I also don't wanna have to hard reset in case that happens (which I'm sure could happen either way, but still). I also was impatient last time around and downloaded EB13 and reset everything and that kinda made my phone act wonky after a while and it ended up getting replaced.

That and I'm not gonna manually update my friends' Epics also. We'll see who gets it first out of us :)

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the "notice" from Sprint that the update was available for my phone (with instructions, etc.) earlier this afternon but when I went to update (Settings, About Phone, System Updates, etc.) Update Android says my software is up to date & there is no update. I assume there is some delay for the actual update. Shut phone off & back on, updated PRL but no update yet. I got my Epic on the 1st day (8-31-2010) but this phone is a recent replacement for bad USB port. Thought about manual update but I'll give it one more day.

tails63

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I did the manual update and works perfect.I live in Puerto Rico and today about 6:00 pm i got a message from sprint so i could do the OTA but since i already installed it manually and rooted my Epic and My wifes Epic too,i ignore the request.

coyoteslover

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Please READ the entire notice you received from Sprint, it says the update is available and you should have it within 2 weeks, due to the slow roll out

gondo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here, did the manual update a couple days ago, had Sprint notification today that there was an update but it went away shortly, I checked System Updates/Update Android to make sure and of course it said my system was up to date.

Rooted my phone today, except for a small glitch where the SD card wasn't detected (had this before when rooted and running ACE Rom) that was fixed on reboot, things have been running smoothly, definitely quicker with better battery life.

Looking forward to some new GB Roms. Was on the verge of selling my Epic and getting an Evo 3D, but think I'll hang onto it for awhile (not eligible for a new phone 'til next May), as the long-awaited Gingerbread has been a pleasant surprise.

Tahe

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
For the sake of conversation and comparison, (I know that it doesn't seem to matter "when" we got our Epics), I've had my Epic since Nov '10 and as of right now, only received the Sprint Notification that an update was available (like TechnoGeezer and tails63). However, my sis got her Epic in May '11 and she received the update OTA on the first day! circa 11am EST, to be exact.

As for me and the manual update, I was so ready to do the manual later tonight, when I came home from work...until I received that notification from Sprint, that is. Now, I'm pondering if should go ahead and do the manual now or give it one more day...

...we'll see :) Just glad GB is out!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
.......an update notice hit my epic friday night (most of us must've got tha tmessage by now)........then about an hour later the actual OTA 'system update' appeared at the top of the screen......as i pulled the notification screen down the icon disappeared and a sync icon popped up to replace it, remaining at the top of the screen about a half hour (i take it this was the download)............this a.m. an install notice appeared, to which i selected 'install later' as i am weighing my other immediate options (including freezing the update.apk for the foreseeable next few days).

***yes, the OTA is live***

Last edited:

TechnoGeezer

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Never got the OTA update & got tired of waiting! Used the link from djs71a on GB thread to do manual update direct from Epic (via home WiFi). Used MyFiles to rename & move to root dir. Took all of 5 min: maybe a bit more if you count reboot & startup. Phone seems faster but 1st media scanning seemed to take longer. At least one calender bug not fixed; I'll post that on bug thread. Thanks to all who post here for the helpful info & entertainment.

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Just reporting. My wife's Epic received the Sprint notice as everyone else, but no OTA update. Based on the leaked document from Sprint early last week, they were going to be stuck on 6% of devices for 4 days or so until they ramp up. So by the end of this week most of us should have it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still no OTA from non-rooted Aug. 31, 2010 owner.

Give it time... You could still bit sitting deep in the long query list for the OTA....

Otherwise, we will get you updated one way or another....

FYI, I know its fun to grab that OTA.... I purposely flashed back to EB13 Froyo to receive the EC05 OTA a few times just to say " I did it... " LOL...

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Give it time... You could still bit sitting deep in the long query list for the OTA....

Otherwise, we will get you updated one way or another....

FYI, I know its fun to grab that OTA.... I purposely flashed back to EB13 Froyo to receive the EC05 OTA a few times just to say " I did it... " LOL...

LOL. I know the manual one is there so no worries. Just a bit annoyed but also wanted to let folks know that it doesn't matter if you got phone in 2010 or recently.

Wish I know the OTA rollout algorithm they are using though.

I want the OTA so I can have a nandroid backup of it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My friend got the update yesterday during the day. Her friend hasn't received it. Neither have I or 2 of my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax