[Q] How to disable overscroll glow?

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It's visually annoying and distracting especially on a white or light background in browser. Any way to disable that on stock EI22?

Update: I managed to modify the overscroll .png files in framework-res.apk but it appears those only affect the system overscroll glow such as in Settings. My goal is to actually disable or modify the browser horizontal and vertical ones. My search leads to browser.apk but ends there without any further detail if there are .png that can be modified or if it's done through configuration file. Anyone know?

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is anything in the settings you can do. You may have to wait for a rom or a patch. Most people I know of like it. I know I do. If the overscroll is something that degrades performance, I'm sure there will be roms that eliminate it. If not, you may just have to live with it for awhile. Or hope one of the rom makers feel the same about the glow as you do. I don't know or pretend to know what will make it into a rom or not or what will be patched.

I do hope you get your wish though. I would think that would be a fairly easy task for the talented dev's out there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's visually annoying and distracting especially on a white or light background. Any way to disable that garbage on stock EI22?
No, it has to be modified in custom ROMs.

Its a image or "png" file that has to be changed in color.

Sorry you don't like that little feature, its one of the things that gives Gingerbread its look or theme...

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Its also especially distracting when zooming in to a page and scrolling. Its almost impossible to scroll down without having that annoying overscroll on the side.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, no way to disable it on stock... If you were rooted and it bothered you that bad by request I could make a new image/png file to replace the colored one and it would appear as if you had no over scroll glow.

See this little bugger below is your enemy right? Hint hint.. That's your overscroll glow.. LOL...

overscroll_glow.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair