Where can I put new wallpaper in internal storage?

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I want to put the wallpaper_desert.jpg file that was in FroYo somewhere in internal storage so it will always display. If I put it on the SD card it will go away whenever the phone is mounted as USB Mass Storage, just like ringtones on the SD card do.

I am NOT wanting to muck about with launcher.apk just want to put one jpeg somewhere in the phone's memory. The phone is rooted, running Gingerbread.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It's built into an apk... Have you tried creating a wallpaper folder, dropping it into your internal memory using root explorer, selecting that wallpaper?

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I know it's bundled into an apk, launcher.apk

I was hoping someone had already figured out a place to put wallpaper images in internal storage. I'd rather not muck about without a road map. :)

That's why I didn't just delete whatever looked like bloatware apps after rooting, I relied on lists others had figured out.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know wallpaper has to go on the sdcard because that is the only option you have for the wallpaper selection/chooser (it defaults to the sdcard to look)

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually keep my main wallpaper in memory as I described.. When I remove my sd card and reboot it still loads also...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair