Undo GPS fix?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your rooted you would make a backup in CWM before applying the fix. Then you can restore back to "remove" the applied fix.

Or Odin back to complete stock Froyo EC05 amd go throught the whole GB update again :p

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
2bh this is one ting that really anoys me about android... if you want to make some small change you needto reflash the whole friggin rom! Imo its rediculous. Android needs something equivalent of preware (droidware). I'm not a dev so I don't really know if its possible or not and why, but I really like how easy it is to customise and patch thins in webos.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
2bh this is one ting that really anoys me about android... if you want to make some small change you needto reflash the whole friggin rom! Imo its rediculous. Android needs something equivalent of preware (droidware). I'm not a dev so I don't really know if its possible or not and why, but I really like how easy it is to customise and patch thins in webos.
Well re flashing the whole ROM is not necessary if you make a Nandroid Backup before changes.. That way you can just restore your previous backup.... Most people don't like to follow this rule/option.

Galane

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't someone simply make another zip file with the original files as an undo? Would make sense for the person who does the zip to do the replacement to make up one to put the original files back.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Why doesn't someone simply make another zip file with the original files as an undo? Would make sense for the person who does the zip to do the replacement to make up one to put the original files back.

Good idea to recommend to the dev of the mod.

One problem is normally many of these fixes are tied in with other mods that happen within the same file so sure they can come up with an undo zip but using that would break any other mods associated with that file..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463