Email IMAP delete problem

jimmarako

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with the "stock" email app (Gingerbread and froyo). When connected to my personal email using IMAP it seems that files I delete from the inbox never make it to the trash bin and keep reappearing in my inbox (so the server never gets a "delete request"). I notice for some reason that on my email account the folders are labeled INBOX.trash, INBOX.sent, INBOX.drafts, and so on. I'm guessing that these folders should just be SENT, TRASH, DRAFTS,...

For the incoming server settings I've tried to set the IMAP Path to INBOX and INBOX. Neither has done anything.

My work exchange email works fine. My personal account works fine with K-9 mail, my palm pre, thunderbird, etc. So I don't think the mail server is to blame. I've seen some posts about people having similar troubles with the stock Google email app that was suppose to be fixed "in the next build" 7 or 8 months ago.

When I had froyo I used K-9 mail but that doesn't work with my work exchange server so I had to use two email apps. After I wiped the phone unrooting it I figured I'd see if Google/Samsung have fixed there mail app. I guess not.

Thanks
Jim M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463