Voicemail doesn't download?

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen at least 3 times now on my Epic (twice while on stock, and yesterday on a custom ROM) - The voicemail app sometimes doesn't download and notify me of voicemails.

For example, yesterday I received 2 voicemails - but didn't know it. It wasn't until today that I remembered a call from yesterday, and wondered why this one ignored call didn't leave me a voicemail. I called my voicemail, and sure enough, it said I had 2 new voicemails! I couldn't find a refresh or sync option in the voicemail app, so I called myself and left another voicemail, and sure enough a few minutes later the voicemail app happily let me know I had 3 voicemails (2 missed from yesterday and the one I just left). And it's been similar in the past.

Is there any reason why this might happen, or to keep it from happening? And is there a way to force the voicemail app to refresh?

Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From my knowledge Sprint's Visual Voicemail runs on its own set of servers or server farms and it could be a possibility you just unlucky and catching a burp in the system missing voice mail notifications.