Cannot Open/Delete 6-Digit Text

poximex

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Friends,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I got a text from my bank from the six digit number (242733). It appears in my notification bar, but when I try to open it, I see an error: "You have entered an invalid address. Please correct the recipients or they will not receive the message"

The text will not open. It also does not appear on the messaging app main screen so I cannot delete it. This USED to work, but that may have been back with Froyo. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have already tried "Deleting all messages" but alas, it's immune to that. The notification can be "cleared" but reappears with a text from anyone else.

Info:
Gingerbread EL30
Standard Messaging App

Much appreciated!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your not to attached to any of your text messages you can try going to Settings/Apps/Manage Apps/
Look for your messaging app and clear data. That should get rid off the text msg but it will also remove the others to...

Little work around to save your texts is to install SMS Back up and Restores from the market.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello Friends,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

I got a text from my bank from the six digit number (242733). It appears in my notification bar, but when I try to open it, I see an error: "You have entered an invalid address. Please correct the recipients or they will not receive the message"

The text will not open. It also does not appear on the messaging app main screen so I cannot delete it. This USED to work, but that may have been back with Froyo. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have already tried "Deleting all messages" but alas, it's immune to that. The notification can be "cleared" but reappears with a text from anyone else.

Info:
Gingerbread EL30
Standard Messaging App

Much appreciated!
do you ever power off your phone? even for like 5 or 10 mins? if you don't, try that first. otherwise, do the data clear procedure. and if that still doesn't work.. unstiall the app or updates... power cycle your phone, and then try it again.

*BUT OF ALL THINGS - BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST*

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer