Well I guess I should't have done that

Orion72

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Today I was to trying to clean up my phone to get more space/memory. Clearing data and caches from different apps. I cleared my data from my personal email account. Not the gmail account but my other email account. Now when I click on email it askes me for my email address and password. No problem I thought. After I enter the info it says "User name or password incorrect" I checked to make sure the name and password were right and tried again. Same thing. It's a sbcglobal.net account which I think is an off shoot from Yahoo. My phone is the Epic 4g and still stock running. How do I fix this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have personally never had good luck with the stock email app. I recommend K9 email, works great for POP email address and others..

Reactions: Orion72

amnchode

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
*must...resist....urge....to say...enter the correct username and password*

Kidding aside, have you gone into the manual settings and insure the correct server names are there? Just a thought...

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you get a message about the user name and password, then that's where the problem is. I believe if you enter it correctly you shouldn't have any issues. Try again.

Orion72

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
*must...resist....urge....to say...enter the correct username and password*

Kidding aside, have you gone into the manual settings and insure the correct server names are there? Just a thought...

Believe I resisted the urge to post the question. lol. No, the names are correct. I'll have to check into the server names thing thou. Thanks

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I know that I have jacked around with mine a few times to get it to work. Try using your email address as the username or just the part before the @. The last time I did it, I swear between pop3 and smtp one had the full email addres and the other didn't. Also the ports seem to be screwey. Mine worked fine using port 25 for SMTP and then one day it started screwing up. I switched it to the other port that's in there by default and it worked for a couple days. then it didn't work and I had to change it back to 25.

lordfire00

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Today I was to trying to clean up my phone to get more space/memory. Clearing data and caches from different apps. I cleared my data from my personal email account. Not the gmail account but my other email account. Now when I click on email it askes me for my email address and password. No problem I thought. After I enter the info it says "User name or password incorrect" I checked to make sure the name and password were right and tried again. Same thing. It's a sbcglobal.net account which I think is an off shoot from Yahoo. My phone is the Epic 4g and still stock running. How do I fix this?
you need to enter - username@sbcglobal.net