Android getting buggier over time?

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Epic 4g for almost two years now and more recently, the phone has been getting buggier and buggier. I haven't installed any new apps during this time. The past week the phone has failed to ring when I get a phone call. Requiring a battery pull to fix the issue. Tonight, after I called someone, I press End and the phone doesn't hang up.. I had to cycle in and out of airplane mode to fix this.

These two recent issues are in addition to the random UI slow downs, delays in response to button presses.. location updates no longer working.. all of these issues slowly developed over a period of months... I'm running latest firmware from Sprint, did not root, just the normal gingerbread image from Sprint.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by my iPad, the UI is much smoother than the android experience.. Not sure if factory reset of the Epic will resolve these issues. I do know next time I shop for a new phone, I'll take a good look at iPhone and windows...

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Idk man. My Epic is plenty fast with no slow downs and no issues. Maybe you got a dud.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

5dadd7

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problems. Did the factory resets, tried different ROMs, but still having the same issues. It looks like it is a h/w issue for mine.

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
What sucks for me is if the phone is in my pocket when I get a call, sometimes when I pull it out, it slides up the reject messages. I can't get it to go back no matter what. It ends up going to VM and I call the person back. It only started doing that with this latest OTA. The slide to answer thing. Seems like that whole taking call things is too processor intensive or something. Weird that this thing is supposed to be a phone lol.

androidmaster1

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I highly recommend to root. If u root, a lot of ur issues can be resolved. I will be more than happy to help u out. I am rooted and running stock - rooted - deodexed el30

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007