Hi

I uploaded some music to my sd card (into the amazon mp3 folder, where all my other music is) and I can't get the music to show up on the amazon mp3 player or the stock player I have moved music before and I am pretty sure I did it the same way, but maybe not its been awhile. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
    03-04-2012 07:59 PM
    First question:
    What format is the music you're copying to the phone. It'll really only play mp3 and a couple other formats. OOG, protected AAC/M4A, and WMA won't show or play.
    Sedond: Is it showing anything (even what WAS there before) If it's not showing anything, make sure you've remounted the SD card so the phone has access to it again.
    03-05-2012 08:20 AM
    They are MP3s. When I go to "my files" on the phone and then the amazon mp3 folder, I see all my older music plus the music I added. I can play the music from this folder also. What I can't do is get it to show up on either of the music players I have on my phone (the other music in the folder does show up on these players). It really doesn't make since to me. I have tried shutting down the phone, but that hasn't helped. Right now I am doing it the hard way and uploading to my cloud and then downloading to my phone from the cloud (And I know I can just use my cloud but at work I have really poor reception so the cloud isn't a really cloud option). But I really want to know the correct way to just drag and drop from the computer to the phone.

Thanks
    03-05-2012 12:55 PM
    Have you tried going into music app's options to check your music folder location? I'm not sure if stock Android music player has that option, but Player Pro definitely has.

Also, is "my files/amazon mp3" the default location that Amazon uses? It doesn't sound like the default, maybe that's the issue. All my music is in the "Music" folder on the root of the SD card so everything shows up no matter which music app I use.
    03-05-2012 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD