[Epic 4g] OTA Update to Fix Force Close Issues 3/27/12

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Good point... Then again this release never said it was going to help the battery.. LOL...

I guess overall we shouldn't be bashing Sprint/Samsung for continuing to support a phone that they themselves had tried to bury a long time ago.... I still miss my Epic as crazy as that sounds....

from http://community.sprint.com/baw/com.../blog/2012/03/26/sprint-connections-optimizer
What are the benefits?
- Preservation of battery life as your device will use less power during data sessions when connected to Wi-Fi

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I read that wrong. I thought it was going to optimize your battery as a whole, but it was just about data via WiFi to save battery. Ugh.

TexasEpic4G

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess overall we shouldn't be bashing Sprint/Samsung for continuing to support a phone that they themselves had tried to bury a long time ago.... I still miss my Epic as crazy as that sounds....
U can come back to the Dark Side ( or is it really the Light Side ? ) whenever you want to ... LOL :p
OG EPIC 4G Still Lives !!! :cool:

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to wait until it is sent to your phone. They usually do it in stages, it may take a few weeks.

Or just wait until it gets posted so you can flash it. If you've rooted your phone you won't get OTA updates. I was convinced the last OTA would be the last OTA so I finally rooted my phone. Surprised the phone is still being supported, Samsung deserves credit because there was a time when we questioned if the Epic would even get Gingerbread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
U can come back to the Dark Side ( or is it really the Light Side ? ) whenever you want to ... LOL :p
OG EPIC 4G Still Lives !!! :cool:

Texas my buddy... Long time no hear... I still have my wife and her Epic 4g to play with.. I still have it rocking Bonsai on Froyo EC05 ;)

cheburashka

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
...speaking of updates. So apparently the "ics pack" for int galaxy s does exist. I wonder when, *if ever* we would get it too. We are approaching on 2 years. The way i see it, there are people who must have latest os - they already moved on, people who will upgrade when their 2 years are up, and people who dont know/dont care - they will just stay with the phone because... its just a phone and nothing more - it makes calls.

The question is will there be any reason to bring the pack to Epic because for those that *care enough* the contracts will soon expire anyway and probably there arent enough of those customers anyway?

For the above mentioned reason I have doubts that the epic will see the ics pack.

Ps. Sorry for going off topic :)

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Who cares about a value pack? For those of us who it matters to, we have a perfectly stable cm9 that's getting a lot of attention and is getting better and better with the passing weeks. We also have MIUI V4, Stock ICS, AOKP, and others.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk