this is very bad

Mr Andrew J Laske

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i got a /SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-II EPIC 4G. was flashing phone....power went out.......it wont even start up. is it a total lost??? what can i do????? and its only 2 weeks old:<

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You stated in your first post this was a

i got a /SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S-II EPIC 4G.

Which device is it you have exactly?

Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4g

or

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g Touch?

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry 2 hear about the power loss killing ur phone. Sounds like u were using a desktop or lost ur modem connection.. After a similarly painful experience, I now swear by the APC line of backup power (and CLEAN power) units. Saved my bacon many times over. I have my modems, routers, and cordless phones hooked up to power backup units as well. It doesn't take a power failure 2 mess up ur gear. Powering on a big laser printer, wife using monster blow dryer, etc. can spike ur power enough to reset/reboot a lot of devices... good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You didn't really answer the previous posts asking if you tried booting into Download Mode. This thread is some-what old but it's worth a try trying to help you fix it. It's probably not broken anymore but to boot into Download Mode, remove the battery and MicroSD card from the phone, plug the phone into a computer or charger (preferably computer so you can use Odin to make it work again) and slide open the keyboard and hold the power button and the number 1 key in the top row at the same time after plugging in the phone. It should boot into DL mode.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You didn't really answer the previous posts asking if you tried booting into Download Mode. This thread is some-what old but it's worth a try trying to help you fix it. It's probably not broken anymore but to boot into Download Mode, remove the battery and MicroSD card from the phone, plug the phone into a computer or charger (preferably computer so you can use Odin to make it work again) and slide open the keyboard and hold the power button and the number 1 key in the top row at the same time after plugging in the phone. It should boot into DL mode.

He doesn't have an Epic. He has an Epic Touch.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis