Majorly messed up my phone.

Rouids

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so yesterday, I figured out how to get into the hiddenmenu of any samsung(?) phone. Here's what was happening: The date and time changed, so Google Play Store and youtube stopped working, I also couldn't do any updates to my firmware, PRL, or Profile. I fixed the Youtube and Google play Store by resyncing my phones date and time, but Updating Profile, PRL, and Firmware still give errors. Here's the error:

An error occured while trying to update your Firmware(PRL, Profile). Plese try again later.

If the problem persists, please call customer care.

Error: No Service Error

Now, I know my phone doesn't have any service (we discontinued it a few months back because we moved, and where we live now we get no signal at ALL)

BUT, before I started messing with the hiddenmenu and stuff, I was able to update firmware, PRL, and profile.

And, trying to update Android shows no error.
Please help, thanks :)

Never mind, upon reading this thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/72370-profile-prl-firmware-update-error.html ) I should not be too worried

Last edited:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your edit says it all. Those three items are known for causing issues updating, even in the best of conditions. Thankfully, none of them are really critical for keeping the phone working.

On a side note, call customer service, and request they send you an AirAve, at least this way you'll have service at home (assuming you didn't cancel the service already). They will sometimes add it to your account for free as an outreach if you've moved to where it doesn't work at all.

Rouids

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think not paying the monthly bill for over 3 months will help us on that one sadly, haha. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007