Please Help!!!

Gust30

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am at a serious point here. I am on my 3rd Epic. First went in the pool, 2nd just died. I pickd up my 3rd today and I am in the process of rooting. I flashed CWM5.0.2.7 with Odin. When I try to flash a new rom, I get this:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
epic" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "epic" |
| getprop("ro.produt.board") == "epic" ||
getprop("ro.product.device") == "epicmtd" || g
etprop("ro.build.product") == "epicmtd" || getpr
op("ro.product.board") == "epicmtd" || ge
tprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-D700" || getp
rop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-D700" || getprop
("ro.product.board") == "SPH-D700"
E:Error in /sdcard/download/deodexed-FC09.zip
(Status 7)

What does this mean and how can I bring my phone back to life?

I tried to Odin back to stock FC09 and it hangs at the FactoryFS and then the screen turn a yellowish color, the entire screen.

Any help will be awesome!

Thank you

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you put the file in the right slot in Odin. It's usually PDA. Do not use the Phone slot, it's incorrect and it hangs.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And depending on which rom you tried to do, you may have changed your phones partition scheme. Be sure to use the PIT file also to ensure your system is 100% stock.

Also make sure when you try to install a new rom, you get one for the Epic 4g, NOT the 4g TOUCH.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought that FC09 was an unstable mess or have there been developments??
Does EL30 work??

FC09 is rock solid for me. With one little issue about the notification light not working, although honestly, I didn't really notice it until someone pointed it out on here. It's a Kernel level issue, that all the aftermarket kernels have resolved if you want to go that route. I've found FC09 to have great battery life with average usage (using my stock 1500mah battery).

Brandon489

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Typically you do not want to partition and odin automatically checks it. If you are mtd then you do want to repartition. Flash back to stock gingerbread with odin and start over would be my advice.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech