CM9 Camera - No Autofocus/Flash Record

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had CM9 RC1 for a while now and have taken a lot a pictures. The autofocus hasn't worked once though.

Also, when my phone wasn't rooted you'd be able to record video while having the flash on, it doesn't seem like I can do this with CM9 though.

Are these common issues with CM9?

And if so does RC2 address these issues?

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
A stable release of CM9 just came out. Perhaps the issues are fixed now, since it's considered stable?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
A stable release of CM9 just came out. Perhaps the issues are fixed now, since it's considered stable?

Stable could just be a label since CM9 is being abandoned and replaced by CM10. The bugs might be device specific and not overall CM9 bugs. Only way to know would be to try it and test. I no longer own an Epic.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
No. All the same bugs of RC2 are still present. What this means is the CM9 source is stable, but these are device specific bugs not inherent from CM9. Epic users will most likely receive a new stable build somewhere down the line when these bugs are all individually addressed through continued nightlies for the Epic. Same thing happened with CM7 because we had a device specific bug with HD video recording having stutters and skips. Eventually they found a fix and re-released CM7 stable for the Epic.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech