Upgrade Samsung Epic 4g?

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
There is already a thread out there similar to this, but it's a little older and new phones have since been released. I'm eligible for an upgrade on my Samsung Epic 4g in August, and I was wondering if there is anything out there worth getting. My only requirements are a stable GPS, SD card slot (this is a BIG one), and more internal memory than the Epic (I keep getting memory full errors).

2kidz

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I want the note when sprint gets it...I have BEEN eligible for my upgrade but choose to wait on the note...

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Bleh, SD cards. I got the Galaxy Nexus. Running 4.1.1 with absolutely no bugs. Nothing compares to how buttery smooth, stable, and bug free it is. 32GB is more than enough user space IMO.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Im eligible Nov 1st. I've been thinking about the Galaxy S3. Looks awesome to me. The nexus might be cool too, simply because I have a Nexus 7. But its lacking a lot of features that I want though.

Apparently the note is coming to Sprint. It looks cool, but I have no need for it. Looks like it targeted more for a select market. Would be amazing for "Draw Something" though.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Im eligible Nov 1st. I've been thinking about the Galaxy S3. Looks awesome to me. The nexus might be cool too, simply because I have a Nexus 7. But its lacking a lot of features that I want though.

Apparently the note is coming to Sprint. It looks cool, but I have no need for it. Looks like it targeted more for a select market. Would be amazing for "Draw Something" though.

What features is it lacking?

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Gs3 is awesome and has all the features you are looking for. Note will be what wife and me move too when and if it shows up on Sprints lineup.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Bleh, SD cards. I got the Galaxy Nexus. Running 4.1.1 with absolutely no bugs. Nothing compares to how buttery smooth, stable, and bug free it is. 32GB is more than enough user space IMO.

Technology continues its inexorable advance. That 32GB cap on memory will look every bit as cramped as the 8GB devices inside of 1 year. Of course if you upgrade your phone every year you will not care. I'm already running out of space on my 32GB SD card. I can't hold all the music I want and I'm always offloading pictures and video to free up space. The limited internal memory on my Epic 4G is preventing me from installing all the apps I want for both work and play. I'm annoyed at how much internal memory is still used by "SD installed" apps. I wonder how long it will be before we will be carting around 1 TB smartphones with16GB of RAM :D

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Between cloud storage, internet and cloud music, and backing up my media to my PC regularly to clear out space on my phone, I'm fine with 32GB. But, different strokes for different folks. This is how I use my device, and that's how you use yours.