If the USB port is on top...

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Since I believe the micro-usb port is on the top of this phone, does that mean any that there's no hope of seeing any traditional charging docks for this phone? :/ I've always liked having a dock on my desk to charge my phone. Allows me to use it as a clock and view emails and texts as they appear. The placement of the usb port seems odd to me...

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You could have a portrait dock (which I would want more) slides in sideways. So it may get a dock, probably depends on how popular it is. Best Buy still doesn't hve a dock for the Evo and its very popular.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy that was shown at CITA illustrated a landscape dock like that of the Droid- there's even a "Home, Work, and car" layout profile that will position icons for each when docked. If they were smart- they'd make ALL Galaxy able to use the same docks- but due to slightly different form factors, I don't think this is possible despite most of them (all of them?) having usb on the top. (Agreed- odd placement- but I do like the idea of all possible inputs on only one side of the phone (headphone AND charging.) Much more elegant if you're NOT using a dock at all.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am concerned with their choice of usb connector placement. Unless you are using a handsfree/bluetooth, consider trying to place a call when driving while phone is still connected to charging cord. A connector on the bottom probably would have been more cleaner solution.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am concerned with their choice of usb connector placement. Unless you are using a handsfree/bluetooth, consider trying to place a call when driving while phone is still connected to charging cord. A connector on the bottom probably would have been more cleaner solution.

Well, maybe it will come with a hands free headset. A lot of phones come with them now, and one thing i was able to give to my gf when I got rid of my pre.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of a horizontal docking station. It makes sense for the car for navigation purposes, which I hand made one for my Hero. What I did was take a Garmin windshield mount and a cheap "screen facing out" belt clip, smooth them out and epoxy them together. Works great! It swivels, so I can turn it sideways. I have an aux cable for audio out to the car stereo and ran it through the inside of the coiled car charger so I could have a relatively clean install. I'm sure this can be done for the epic as well (positive actually), but we must wait for the cheap accessories to hit ebay first. Its super easy, and I used an emory board (nail file) to sand down the surfaces so they were smooth.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, maybe it will come with a hands free headset. A lot of phones come with them now, and one thing i was able to give to my gf when I got rid of my pre.

Don't you just love the little magnets on the pre earbuds?

If only they paid as much attention to detail when designing the sliding mechanism :p

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I believe the micro-usb port is on the top of this phone, does that mean any that there's no hope of seeing any traditional charging docks for this phone? :/ I've always liked having a dock on my desk to charge my phone. Allows me to use it as a clock and view emails and texts as they appear. The placement of the usb port seems odd to me...

The Galaxy S is selling so well globally that I'm sure they'll soon release a cordless charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12