Flawed web browser in Epic?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would say that depends... Can the phone handle it? Internal memory, RAM? As far as I can tell, the Samsung phones should, but no guaranteeing you won't have 1 bad apple that slows down the whole thing.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I think what I will do is just mess around with all the apps, decide which are worth keeping, then wipe the phone back to stock and only install the good ones.

darchenwar44

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I played with the AT&T Captivate. If you double tap, it zooms in and out and re-flows the text. When you pinch to zoom in and out, it does not re-flow the text automatically. You need to double tap again and it re-flows the text for the given zoom.

I'm use to the HTC pinch to zoom, where it re-flows the text automatically, but the 10 or so minutes of playing with the Captivate, I was fine with using pinch to zoom to get the text the size I wanted and then double tapping to re-flow the text.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I have no choice but to double tap zoom lol. (Samsung Moment)

LOL we're in the same boat XD. I can't wait to have access to this thing lol. Hopefully we'll have it rooted and have access to great ROMs and kernals shortly after its release (yes my Moment is rooted ^_^)!

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Having played with the epic the pinch to zoom text reflow that is seen on the evo is exactly how it works with the epic so no need to worry in that department. The epic is also smoother in pinching to zoom than the epic is.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Having played with the epic the pinch to zoom text reflow that is seen on the evo is exactly how it works with the epic so no need to worry in that department. The epic is also smoother in pinching to zoom than the epic is.

Coming from an iPhone, I already have to do a two-step text reflow process!

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why IGN lol? I work for sprint.

He's joking because your quote, "The epic is also smoother in pinching to zoom than the epic" is similar to IGN's review quote, "All things considered, the Samsung Epic 4G is a solid smartphone, and in many regards, superior to the Epic 4G."

If Sprint decides that all of its 4G phone names will start with an E, this could be confusing. The latest rumor is the Palm Envy 4G.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
He's joking because your quote, "The epic is also smoother in pinching to zoom than the epic" is similar to IGN's review quote, "All things considered, the Samsung Epic 4G is a solid smartphone, and in many regards, superior to the Epic 4G."

If Sprint decides that all of its 4G phone names will start with an E, this could be confusing. The latest rumor is the Palm Envy 4G.

...I feel stupid:eek: lol

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site

Lol ya I meant the evo. I guess it's an easy mistake to make.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Lol I don't really care if you don't believe me I have no reason to lie. I'm not trying to impress anyone on an internet forum.

I believe everything when I'm on the internet except for what the iSheep say...;)...and those stupid eBay scammers.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the Nigerian people who want to buy your car for 10x what is worth as long as you mail it to to them withing 5 business days.

lol, good one. I've read practically every Nigerian eBay scam that there is. Darn, do I pay with Western Union? What is the shipping rate for Royal Mail (or whatever it's called) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance