Here's a reason to root

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I hear people always asking why they should root. Well the usual is for admin rights to your phone, but here's a great tangible: my wife's rooted Epic voice search stopped working (still don't know why), but I tried all kinds of things, unfreezing apps, restoring all the voice app data thru Titanium Backup. Nothing worked so, I'm faced with a factory reset (if you are unrooted) or a restore of a Nandroid Backup, which was a very recent cloned backup of her phone when everything was still working. I did this thru Clockwork Mod Recovery (a custom recovery you should install as soon as you root). I did the Nandroid Restore, and the whole fix lasted maybe 10 minutes. Did not have to start from a factory phone and reinstall apps, etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 on this...

It doesn't require anything special.. Just obtain root which is very simple on most Samsung devices, flash your custom recovery and make a Nandroid backup in the recovery.

DONE.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Follow Paul's guide to rooting (on this site) and make sure you get a quality USB cable from Amazon or Radio Shack!!!!! You will save yourself a lot of potential problems others have had with the stock cable.