LED notification

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OH wow,...you're here....are you ditching the Evo for the Epic?

I am taking my EVO back, on Saturday... and will gladly pay the $35.00 restock fee...

EVO is a flat out AWESOME phone...the best on the market, and a good camera away from Killing hte Iphone... but the Samsung EPIC will kill them both...

skip259#CB

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i dumped my evo so i wouldnt get locked down with the evo in case i do like the epic. 35 bucks for the restock fee isnt too bad. I just consider it a "Rental fee" for the 5 weeks i've owned the phone until this past sunday.

:D

helloworld1

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Assuming that all Evos have light bleeding, crappy Wifi strength, and screen seperation, just tell Sprint thats whats wrong with it and you will not have to pay the $35. Thats what I did.

I can't wait for the Epic o_o

skip259#CB

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i tried that. I'm hard of hearing and flat out told the rep that it wasnt compatiable with my hearing aid. I still got socked with a 35 dollar fee.

money is what makes the world go round. ;)

skip259#CB

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My first evo was defective.. battery kept dying after a half day, and on standby overnight, i would wake up to a "please plug in charger" message. so, they reset the initial date to June 11th. I'm not sure what the deal was as i thought 30 days from the day i orignally got the phone, but apparently it was changed when i swapped out the phone for another one. went from version .002 to .003. Battery was a bit better, but hearing aid compatibility was becoming more and more of an issue using a telecoil.

Bottom line is, i was getting annoyed by the clicking sound the phone made when it was sending out data on a live call. hearing aids have a telecoil that can pick up these radio waves. They're hell when using a gprs phone - sounds like it's squealing. CMDA networks use a diff frequency than the gprs phones.

Hope this helps. :D

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to add to this.. I was watching another review and I can confirm this is multi-color led, not just red. Also, its something the other versions don't have either (I guess they got the hint from moment owners). In the review of all 4 phones from phandroid.com, the Epic has a blue LED on (charged). I wonder what other colors there are? Orange? Green? I'd love that feature, something I was jealous of from the T-Mo HTC devices (I currently have a Hero).

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you think that this phone could possibly use an LED like the Xperia 10's? I understand that the Xperia users reported that they can get 12 different colors from the LED.

EDIT: After a little research, I found out that the Samsung Eternity and the Samsung Omnia II had notification lights that could turn a wide variety of colors. Also, there was a question at AndroidForums that asked about the color of the notification light. Someone said that they have seen blue, red, and PINK. I also read that by mixing blue and green, you can get pink. If this person has indeed seen pink, than that means there is a green color too! With Red, Green, Blue, you should theoretically be able to make many more colors, but I do not know if that is how an application like Handcent works with the notification light. If it mixes led colors, than we should be able to have full customization of the LED notification light colors. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci